Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

ECW Week next week on the network.

Monday immediately after RAW has 'ECW Exposed' presented by Joey Styles and Paul Heyman. They are also going to show three Non-PPV show (Hardcore Heaven 95, November To Remember 95 and Cyberslam 96) and add 40 episodes of ECW TV to the OnDemand section

66D808C5-AB00-4635-966C-A7FDC2BA4857_zps

Also, watched the first two episodes of Rivalries, which covers Austin v McMahon (ep1 upto end of 99, ep2 99 onwards). While I've complained about The Monday Night Wars series, which just seems to be DVD sets presented differently, and while this does cover a lot of stuff that has been told before it's presented far better. All of Austin's talking head footage is from when he filmed for his last DVD set but there is a fair amount of more recently filmed talking heads rather showing Eric Bischoff from 2002 as you get MNWs.

Like I say, nothing really new to learn, but it has a lot of behind the scenes footage and is a much more enjoyable watch

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I wish the search function worked a little better, I'm trying to watch all the Hollywood Blonds matches right now but some events don't have links to individual matches.

Also, can anyone recommend some post Blonds Steve Austin matches to watch?

Does anyone know where the footage of Ted Turner from 1998 came from which is being used on the Monday Night War series?

The detail he goes into suggests it was a WCW interview, rather than some broad interview in which WCW was only mentioned.

But I would definitely have remembered if something like that appeared on Nitro back then.

• Paid Members

Nice unannounced bonus for ECW week is a new section with a couple of dozen classic promos/skits from TV: http://network.wwe.com/shows/vault/ecw-exposed

Also, the newly uploaded ECW TVs have chapter marks, which I believe may be the first time that's happened for vault footage for several months.

A less encouraging note from Bix in the latest Figure Four Weekly in regard to ECW Week:

Not long after the announcement, one source emailed us explaining that the idea had just been conceived in the last 48 hours. If you've been reading what I've been writing about the network for months, then you can probably figure out what I asked next: If this is a last-minute idea, then just how much archival content do they have sitting there ready to go that's unused? "Everything."
Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Got to give WWE credit, they've done a decent job with the music videos on the TV. Rather than just cut them out, they've overdubbed them with songs that I've never heard of, but are at least vaguely in the tone of the originals, rather than just being stock instrumental music. They've even gone to the effort of chopping out all the bits from the Guns n Roses November Rain video, kept the ECW bits, and overdubbed it into what's effectively a new video.

Was anyone else disappointed by the ECW Exposed show? I liked how they did the intro in a similar style to how the TV show used to start, but Joey Styles really is an utter cretin. "The parental controls is one of my favourite features of WWE Network". Fuck off

Would have been much more watchable is Heyman had just presented it on his own for the most part and then just have Styles asked the (same old tired) questions at the end

• Paid Members

Does anyone know where the footage of Ted Turner from 1998 came from which is being used on the Monday Night War series?

The detail he goes into suggests it was a WCW interview, rather than some broad interview in which WCW was only mentioned.

But I would definitely have remembered if something like that appeared on Nitro back then.

I'm sure I read it was from a court case between WCW and WWF. It was Ted Turner's evidence. It wasn't aired on TV, so I don't know how the WWE got its hands on it.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

WWE bought WCW's video library, if WCW had cameras there then the court case footage would be part of that library. Kind of like how Paul Heyman's DVD had backstage footage of ECW shows where he's riling the talent up. It's not just TV/PPV shows they buy.

Interesting thought really, wonder what kind of rare/random non-TV footage is in the WCW library? Maybe some arguments between Nash and Goldberg? The Radicalz telling Bischoff to stick it? 3 Count playing the ukulele? 

I'm sure I read it was from a court case between WCW and WWF. It was Ted Turner's evidence. It wasn't aired on TV, so I don't know how the WWE got its hands on it.

Cheers bAz.  :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the Rhodes/Flair rivalries episode. Loads of great footage and fantastic interviews from the pair of them. Big Dust really is the most unlikely stuperstar, baby in pro-wrestling history but he just had it. Funny how Flair's promo's up to about 1982 all sound like he's trying to be Dusty.

Really was a great program running the best part of two years at it's height and encompassing the formation of the Horsemen and numerous brilliant ideas from Dusty's booking - plus some iffy ones like the Dusty finishes.

The obligitary pointing out how marvellous the WWF was becoming and how big it would be seemed completely unnecessary but that's to be expected by now.

How long has Shane Helms been contributing to their stuff?

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to watching the Flair/Rhodes show for the simple fact that it's got nothing to do with the fucking Attitude Era. Any nostalgia anyone may have felt towards that timeframe must surely be soured by this point.

Hey, remember the beer truck?