Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

I'm seriously thinking about watching every WWF/WWE, WCW and ECW PPV that I haven't seen yet in chronological order. That will take me a while but I'm especially looking forward to some of the 80s NWA and early 90s WCW stuff as that was way ahead of its time. I remember watching early 90s Bill Watts WCW on ITV and it's an underrated era IMO. Can't fault the Network at all now. There was a bit of buffering and some connectivity issues with certain PPVs at first but lately, I've had no problems watching on my PS3 at all. HD and no buffering. I think it's BRILLIANT value for money. If new episodes of Raw and Smackdown were on the Network, I'd probably cancel my Sky Subscription. Wonder if the FA Premier League will follow suit and launch their Premier League Pass Service (currently available in parts of Asia and New Zealand) in the UK? I'd guess not because there are too many peoples' financial interests at stake (namely Sky and BT's). I believe it only works out as £8 a month for that service. If only...

Edited by LCJ

Has anyone seen the 2007 Monday Night War Legends Roundtable? Christ on a bike, I know he was obnoxious, but you sort of felt sorry for Bischoff.

Yep. It wasn't exactly a fair fight. Pretty much all of the other guys at the table were working for WWF when WCW had them on their knees and didn't seem like they wanted to give Bischoff an easy ride.

• Paid Members

Just watching The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW on the Network. I meant to buy it on DVD ages ago. I bloody well should have. Very tragic in real life but I've never seen any WCCW and it looks freaking awesome, an absolute hoot. Is there any big WCCW shows I should check out the Network or just start their TV from the start?

Has anyone seen the 2007 Monday Night War Legends Roundtable? Christ on a bike, I know he was obnoxious, but you sort of felt sorry for Bischoff.

Yep. It wasn't exactly a fair fight. Pretty much all of the other guys at the table were working for WWF when WCW had them on their knees and didn't seem like they wanted to give Bischoff an easy ride.

Michael Hayes absolutely out his bin aswell in that episode, Not sure it's coffee in those mugs.

Bischoff taking all the talent from the WWF, was basically the same thing Vince was doing in the 80's to the territories, none of them were that concerned then - or if they were did not admit it!

I'm seriously thinking about watching every WWF/WWE, WCW and ECW PPV that I haven't seen yet in chronological order. That will take me a while but I'm especially looking forward to some of the 80s NWA and early 90s WCW stuff as that was way ahead of its time. I remember watching early 90s Bill Watts WCW on ITV and it's an underrated era IMO. Can't fault the Network at all now. There was a bit of buffering and some connectivity issues with certain PPVs at first but lately, I've had no problems watching on my PS3 at all. HD and no buffering. I think it's BRILLIANT value for money. If new episodes of Raw and Smackdown were on the Network, I'd probably cancel my Sky Subscription. Wonder if the FA Premier League will follow suit and launch their Premier League Pass Service (currently available in parts of Asia and New Zealand) in the UK? I'd guess not because there are too many peoples' financial interests at stake (namely Sky and BT's). I believe it only works out as £8 a month for that service. If only...

Ooh a friend of mine from work and I are doing this.  We are only Starrcade 83 in so far though....

Michael Hayes absolutely out his bin aswell in that episode, Not sure it's coffee in those mugs.

In fact any show Hayes and Bischoff are on you can see Hayes burning a hole in Eric's ole head. Good on Bischoff for rolling with the punches and taking it all in his stride. He comes across as a guy who understand "it is what it is." He knows he had his moment, and also knows in the end it all burned down around in. Humbles not the right word, but he comes across as very well nurtured professional on the round tables and doesn't raise to the bait at all. It's clearly waters off a ducks back with him. 

Can remember which Legends show it was, but I loved it when Hayes goes "when you stole Luger from us..." and Bischoff with a little twinkle calmly says "well you stole us from him first...." 

• Paid Members

Yeah that was interesting. DDP couldn't excuse the Arquette angle but he did well to explain the decision as to why it happened. He was a bit obsessed with the Karl Malone thing though and was adamant it was not only great, but the best celebrity crossover in wrestling. You could see Jim Ross dying a little bit inside each time he mentioned it.

So the free network in feb applies to us yes?

Yep. Free to new non-UK subscribers and also to ALL UK subscribers. Edited by PunkStep

Yeah that was interesting. DDP couldn't excuse the Arquette angle but he did well to explain the decision as to why it happened. He was a bit obsessed with the Karl Malone thing though and was adamant it was not only great, but the best celebrity crossover in wrestling. You could see Jim Ross dying a little bit inside each time he mentioned it.

To be fair, DDP was saying how great Karl Malone was, and JR and everyone else was responding with "it was bad because Hulk Hogan was selling a Jay Leno wristlock"  which is a bit like saying Police Academy 1 was bad, because Police Academy: Mission to Moscow was so crud. 

• Paid Members

I don't think the Network has many of the big WCCW shows on the network, at least not yet . It's mainly just the TV show.

If you head to amazon you can get the DVD for less than£3 posted in the new. & used section from a company called ZOverstocks who I've used loads of times.

Cheers, I'm having that DVD. I checked the WCCW selection out after it finished. Pretty disappointing selection but at least I can get a taste of there TV. Wish they put them up in order from the start with the big even though. It's quite puzzling why they haven't got a smarter week by week schedule that starts from the start. Certainly cheaper than new content to put on say WCCW once a week then add it to the on demand service along with the big WCCW show that it had built to.

Still though I'm loving the Network. NXT is worth the subscription alone.