UKFF's Favourite Promo

JNLister

• Paid Members

Only 30 seconds long but instantly memorable, gets to the point and always makes me laugh.

Stone Cold in 97-98 is definitely my favorite guy of all time. He's like a runaway freight train. You can feel the passion, anger and determination to be the top guy oozing off him. The most believable promos in history in my opinion. Especially when he's talking about Bret Hart. Amazing stuff.

This segment building up Triple H/Undertaker's WM rematch is wrestling at it's best. Undertaker in particular is fantastic. Desperate for his rematch and to get his pride back, he takes every cheap shot to rile up HHH he can. He knows Hunter's insecurities and plays on them. This is just wrestling at it's most epic. We'll probably not see something on it's scale ever again.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Stone Cold in 97-98 is definitely my favorite guy of all time. He's like a runaway freight train. You can feel the passion, anger and determination to be the top guy oozing off him. The most believable promos in history in my opinion. Especially when he's talking about Bret Hart. Amazing stuff.

I love that bit to promote survivor series 96 where Austin is walking about, saying he's going to take seven years of frustration out on Bret, and Bret can run off again with pride as this time he was beaten by the best. It's not a promo in the sense of this thread, but it's easily one of the best promotional bits they have ever done.

I don't watch wrestling enough to post something from the depths, but
is just brilliant.

Everyone can pull their pubes off about how boring Punk is right now, but this is just boss.

Not managed to get through the full thread but I actually enjoyed his contract negotiation even more, mostly the interaction with Cena at the end.

The pre-MITB 2011 contract signing is one of my favourites. Invariably near the top of my list of wrestling shit to watch when bladdered. It wouldn't be effective if they did it again now as WWE have spent much of the three years since pandering to Punk's target demographic, but after years of million dollar giveaways, celebrity guest hosts and Cena-Orton-HHH stasis horror there was something really compelling and, dare I say, cathartic about watching Punk extract an apology from Vince like that.

Always reminded me a little of this.

• Paid Members

The video in the link Tommy posted is tremendous.

From around the same time, I loved this one as well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&a...p;v=hNsb-9xUjSQ

It's one of those 'via satellite' interviews with Austin and Bret before Survivor Series. They, and Vince, play it up like a big time prize fight and Austin even refers to Vince being the "boss" and a "greedy promoter" which was very rarely mentioned back then.

Austin comes across like a proper obsessed and dangerous bastard in this. There are little bits that are kind of comical in there - the way he gets pissed off at the makeup woman cracks me up, and some of his facial expressions while Bret is talking are pretty funny as well - but it doesn't detract one bit from the overall seriousness of the interview. He seems like a real threat. Which is quite remarkable considering he was losing to Savio Vega six months earlier.

I love the bit at the end where Bret's talking and Austin cuts him off with - "It's Austin's house now".

British Bulldog, Royal Rumble, 1997...

"Who's gonna win the Royal Rumble!?

(crowd barely react)

Yeah the British Bulldog. I've got an 'istory in Royal Rumbles, and tonight I'm gonna remake 'istry, by winning this-nights Royal Rumble, TONIGHT, BECAUSE I'M BIZARRE."

Cant find a clip of it but

Jim Ross interviews The Rock and Stone Cold before Wrestlemania X7 on Smackdown, a great sitdown interview that simply puts over how much the match matters to each guy and how much they need to win

Austin with the classic 'I need to beat you Rock, I need to beat you more than you could ever imagine' and 'There can only be one WWF Champion and it will be Stone Cold Steve Austin...with all due respect'

Cant find a clip of it but

Jim Ross interviews The Rock and Stone Cold before Wrestlemania X7 on Smackdown, a great sitdown interview that simply puts over how much the match matters to each guy and how much they need to win

Austin with the classic 'I need to beat you Rock, I need to beat you more than you could ever imagine' and 'There can only be one WWF Champion and it will be Stone Cold Steve Austin...with all due respect'

• Paid Members
Dolph Ziggler in a recent promo I just saw was really good, http://www.wwe.com/videos/tom-phillips-int...n-31-2-26179139

That was great, wish that was on TV.

Not that it compromises the promo at all (which made him come across like a creepy man child) but I really hope he doesn't think like that. He's deluded if he does

Angry Mick Foley promos (on Randy Orton and his return as Cactus Jack) we're gold before they got pretentious and eye-rollingly bad.

Always remember a Colt Cabana promo after Homicide had poured drano down his throat that made me want to see what Colt was gonna do to him when he got him in the ring. Really intense, brilliant stuff.

Archived