UKFF's Favourite Promo

JNLister

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PglAZUbzVI

"Finally...The Rock has come back to Toron...Toron...to run his mouth on all your candy asses!"

Utterly amazing heel promo by Hollywood Rock. The best thing about it is that his heel turn makes perfect sense and is explained in a way where you can understand why The Rock is pissed off but he's also being such a dick about it. One of the best. The Rock that came back in the past few years isn't fit to wipe this Rock's arse.

Opening promo after Survivor Series 98: Deadly Games. Both Vince and The Rock are perfect in this. I love The Rock's closing line about kissing the people's ass.

. Cyberslam 96. At the time, with the weird carney lingo (WTF is a 'smart mark?') that was still yet to make it onto online A-Z glossaries, it was completely exhilarating, like a madman had yanked back the curtain.

Not seen this in ages, thanks for posting it up. In 96 was Pillman the hottest free agent around? Was there a bidding war or was he only ever going to WWE?

Came here to post the Pipe Bomb, but someone already beat me to it!

Reason I'd vote pipe bomb, well it just came out of nowhere and no-one expected it. I remember it was a rare Raw I stayed up to watch it, and had a little viewing party for it; and it was a lame show that we were just getting round to discussing and then - wow. We were just speechless that we were hearing history

• Paid Members

This could be wrong but i was under the impression.

When he was doing his Loose Cannon gimmick he talked WCW into releasing him from his contract so everything would seem legit. He went over to ECW with Erics approval and around this time and not being under contract he signed with Vince.

• Paid Members

By the way, if anyone nominates that Triple H / CM Punk "let's use our real names lol" promo from Raw a couple of years ago then I'm reporting them.

As much as I'm loathe to nominate something from ROH, this Jim Cornette promo about the CZW invasion is pretty awesome:-

My favourite promos are the ones that take matches that I'm sitting on the fence about and turn them into must-see attractions. The mic work from both Punk and Rock achieved that here. The best stuff from Punk since the Pipebomb, and the best of The Rock since returning in 2011. No trying to undercut each other, no stupid references, just trying to sell a title match.

One of my favourite promos has to be when Batista turned on Triple H (21.02.2005). The work that went in from about December 2004 onward was fantastic and everything with the feud was just quality. Really well executed and thought through.

Triple H manipulating Batista to go to SmackDown after setting JBL up as the one who tried running over Batista. Then Batista puts his thumb down and tells Triple H he's staying on RAW. Fantastic television.

Archived