UKFF's Favourite Promo

JNLister

I'm not doubting that it's good. It really is. Still maintain that that promo, which is Miz in full flight, doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a 'best promo of all time' thread. Though, for what it's worth, its better than anything Ziggler has put out.

Most of the ones I'd have chosen have already been put up. I've got a lot of time for the Heyman/Vince promo. I'll have a think and return back. It'll most likely feature either William Regal or John Cena.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure which episode of Raw it's from and so I can't find it, but it's in and around the time Angle and Austin were feuding in the Summer of 2001. Austin had piledriven Angle the week before after pulling back the protective mats outside the ring and Kurt was wearing a neck brace. It's the promo which ends with Angle tearfully removing the brace and possible challenging Austin to the rematch at Summerslam (I think).

Ultimate Warrior:

"I was sent in a capsule, from a place long from here, and I came here for one reason; to attack and keep comin' - not to ask, but just to give, not to want, but just to send, send the power of the Warrior down everyone's throat in the WWF until they become sick of it.... well you're gonna get sick of it, because this freak of nature right here, is just beginning to swell, and when I get big enough brother, there ain't gonna be room, for anybody else, but me and all the Warriors, floatin' through the veins, and the power of the Woyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."

Makes perfect sense...

One from the promo transcripts thread.. Paul heymans anti wwf speech before survivor series 01:

[Chorus of Boos]PH: In just a few moments, at my leisure, I'm gonna call, Vince McMahon, out to his ring, in front of his public, on a television show that's owned by his grand company. At least, that is, until this Sunday at Survivor Series.

[Asshole, Asshole, Asshole]

[MC: I echo that]

PH: I know how much you people appreciate what Shane and Stephanie and I have done, how Shane and Stephanie and I have stood up to the tyranny of Vince McMahon, and the way it is, ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple. The WWF will die this sunday. [booooooooooooooooo] But don't blame me for that, It's not my fault, I'm not the one who ruined everything that was accomplished by Stone.. Cold.. Steve.. Austin. [booooooooooo] You see at Survivor Series, it means much more then just the personalities that are involved, it's about ending what Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley, and I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say. That the WWF truly does suck [booooooo] Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his mind, the man doesn't have it anymore, he's a has-been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within. Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like

I don't think The Rock's return promo from the night he was announced as the host of WrestleMania 27 gets enough hype. I don't know why his bottle went so badly after this or why he decided to be gay for the following two years, but this promo is perfect. Felt like the biggest thing to happen in years, and it was. It kicked off a run of WWE programming which lasted right up to SummerSlam last year - a nearly two-and-a-half year stretch - that I enjoyed more than any since I was a kid.

I remember a lot of people realising what a wholly unsatisfying Rock stand-in Cena had been for the previous 6 years after this promo. Cena might be my favourite wrestler ever, but that's as much down to the fortitude and class he's shown being the good-guy-who-everyone-hates for so long as it is down to his talent (considerable though it is). In terms of charisma and mic skills he's about a 0.15 on the Rock scale, and it had never been so apparent.

Bret Hart is interviewing John Cena on Raw, CM Punk interrupts and the two of them engage in one of my all time favourite verbal clashes. Not a note missed between them, the delivery is blinding and as usual the content between the two characters writes itself. The magic you get from two characters with such perfect chemistry like this is my favourite thing about wrestling. And with these two, they're even better in hindsight because you know the matches always delivered. This for me is even better than that brilliant one with Vince and the table in the ring just before Money in the Bank 2011. I prefer this one because they're working more within the confines of a wrestling storyline rather than throwing in loads of the reality stuff for shortcuts sometimes. Cena's long section in the middle is sublime, discussing how Punk lied his way through his 'revolution' and 'change' to get himself to the top, only to not do it because HE is still the Main Event. But Punk is fucking DYNAMITE here too. Freshly turned, living and loving his heel gimmick, and believing his shtick. Punk can stay fucked off for all I care, but if he ever comes back this is all I want him doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivkvfHJ_sjc

• Paid Members

I much prefer that one to that "Boxing with God" one that I don't really like all that much, NEWM. Cena and Punk are splendid there.

I also like this Punk one where he destroys Jeff Hardy on Smackdown from a few years ago regarding his eye injury:-

Archived