UKFF's Favourite Promo

JNLister

• Paid Members
Well, I know this is kinda not right and probably will be shat on but I loved

Whilst I don't think it's among the greatest promos ever, I did like that video a lot. Great little idea, and using the dirge-esque piano version of Matt's WWE theme is a touch of genius, clever on many levels. Didn't know until today that it was played by Reby Sky, apparently in one take, by ear :

My one gripe is I wish they'd synced it so that the card about Steen calling him a "motherfucker" was revealed just as the theme really kicks in. It's only a few seconds difference, but would have really worked.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was in the running for one of the best segments of last year, so I'm surprised it's not in here:

Follows my criteria of taking an average match to a must-see spectacle. I actually think it's a lot better than that "Box With God" promo I posted earlier in the thread, which I think I just liked because Punk looks like a real player next to the Rock. Here, Cena delivers an amazing "butts in seats" promo, Orton sells it well, they put over the importance of the championship, and The Authority largely take a backseat.

• Paid Members

I'm trying to find it, but Samoa Joe's promo on Impact, November 1st 2012 on Magnus was really good. It's turning out to be impossible to find, though - there's loads of stuff from TNA on that show, but it's almost as if the company don't want that promo shown. Even the review videos don't seem to be having it.

• Awards Moderator

If you need a third video for the extra three nominations, I'll put forward

. Such a difference from the underdog of the 2004 ones, but just as excellent. Love the visual of him with the torn mask at the end.

I would have also mentioned Terry Funk's 2006 promo on Mick Foley before One Night Stand, which was only ever shown on WWE.com, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone else remember it? It's the one where he keeps yelling "SATCHEL ASS! SATCHEL ASS!" over and over again at the end. Magnificently unhinged.

• Awards Moderator

I wasn't watching RAW at the time so I too could be wrong, but I definitely remember it being online. The F4W wiki has it down as an ECW.com promo which may be why I can't find it on WWE.com anymore. There's no link to the video on that wiki but they did have a handy transcript:

"Why, Mick? Why?

You could've been the People's Champion. You could've been somebody. You could've been special.

Everybody loved ya, Mick. But ya sold out. And now you're in the lion's den... Surrounded by the bones of ECW and its wrestlers and their broken hearts and broken dreams, Mick.

Funny thing about it, Mick. You're not the lion. You're not the jackal. You're not the wild dog gnawing on the bones. What you are is fresh meat.

Fresh meat for the real lion. Fresh meat for the real evil bastard, Vince McMahon. And he's gonna chew you up and spit you out on the highway to hell.

And you know what, Mick? I'm gonna be there on the side of the road waitin' on the stand. I'm not talkin' about the lemonade stand, I'm talkin' about the last stand. And I'm gonna put my arm around yer neck, and I'm gonna put my hand around your throat. And I'm gonna choke you Mick. And I'm gonna choke you and I'm gonna choke you until your eyeballs pop outta your head like two boiled eggs on springs. And I'm gonna pound on you and pound on you 'til your brains turn to marshmallows.

Now I wanna know one thing, Mick. What's your entree? Brains? Marshmallows? Hard boiled eggs? what?

Oh, and by the way, Mick... Don't ever call me Dad again. And I won't call you son. I'll come up with something appropriate... like um... like Satchel Ass.

My daddy always told me don't ever trust whose ass is wider than his shoulders and that seems to fit you, Foley...

SATCHEL ASS!

SATCHEL ASS!

SATCHEL ASS! "

• Paid Members

This isn't an entry, this is just a better version of one of the ones I posted earlier. This guy's got subtitling Dusty Rhodes down to a fine and funny art:

Ooh, dunno if you've still got space for this, John, but if not, it's still worth a watch. I loves me some Billy Graham:

Graham was spectacular on the mike - could come across as bad-ass AND hilarious at the same time.

Archived