UKFF's Favourite Promo

JNLister

• Paid Members

I can't find it on Youtube, so if any one can it would be ace, but the promo between Foley and HHH in the run up to the rumble street fight when Cactus came back.

Mankind ran through what he was, and that the one thing Mankind was not was ready to face HHH in a street fight at the royal rumble. But Mankind believed the WWF fans deserved a substitute in that match, and Mankind thought HHH knew the guy.

Pow, off with the mask, "his name is Cactus Jack". Bam, off with the white shirt to revel that wanted dead shirt. HHH sells it like God has just stuck his face through the tron and declared his intention to smite him with a hail of fire, brimstone and fecal matter. You can buy a sense of total panic and a need to change those leatherette pants he used to ware asap based on what is, essentially, some fat bloke taking his mask and shirt off. That's all it was, and HHH could have killed that moment and the excellent way Foley sold it but he didn't he made Cactus Jack seem like a threat 10 times worse than Mankind with nothing but hammy facial expressions.

Both of them just did everything so well there it's close to perfect.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't find it on Youtube, so if any one can it would be ace, but the promo between Foley and HHH in the run up to the rumble street fight when Cactus came back.

Mankind ran through what he was, and that the one thing Mankind was not was ready to face HHH in a street fight at the royal rumble. But Mankind believed the WWF fans deserved a substitute in that match, and Mankind thought HHH knew the guy.

Pow, off with the mask, "his name is Cactus Jack". Bam, off with the white shirt to revel that wanted dead shirt. HHH sells it like God has just stuck his face through the tron and declared his intention to smite him with a hail of fire, brimstone and fecal matter. You can buy a sense of total panic and a need to change those leatherette pants he used to ware asap based on what is, essentially, some fat bloke taking his mask and shirt off. That's all it was, and HHH could have killed that moment and the excellent way Foley sold it but he didn't he made Cactus Jack seem like a threat 10 times worse than Mankind with nothing but hammy facial expressions.

• Paid Members
It's time for another poll, this time on the best promo ever. The criteria is up to you: it can be pure entertainment, compelling content, or drawing money.

Translates as; No Miz's.

It's like the 'No Homers' club but with no annoying, permanent-tanned, buck toothed, flabby titted twats allowed instead. The Miz, indeed. Crikey.

Alright, I think we get the point.

I think that Miz promo is absolutely excellent, for the record.

• Awards Moderator

"The only title in the world that makes you number one! "

Flair does his best wild eyed stare, putting the title over massive. For someone like me who was anti WCW at the time, I lapped up every word. Heenan and Perfect's reactions are the chocolate sauce on this ice cream segment.

"Write this down, you like writing things down"

This is The Rock at the height of his popularity. He completely owns this segment and the entire crowd. Whilst it isn't driving a particular match it's great fun to rewatch and I will use every opportunity to say "squeeze the jelly out".

That reminds me of the angle they did just a few weeks after. This involved the Radicalz turning on Foley and laying him out in the ring. It was phenomenal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5WbbDVG7g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PglAZUbzVI

"Finally...The Rock has come back to Toron...Toron...to run his mouth on all your candy asses!"

Utterly amazing heel promo by Hollywood Rock. The best thing about it is that his heel turn makes perfect sense and is explained in a way where you can understand why The Rock is pissed off but he's also being such a dick about it. One of the best. The Rock that came back in the past few years isn't fit to wipe this Rock's arse.

I second this. Hollywood Rock is still my favorite period of The Rock's career, as brief as it was.

The original Rock Concert was a riot as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiozRNbqufM

• Paid Members
It's time for another poll, this time on the best promo ever. The criteria is up to you: it can be pure entertainment, compelling content, or drawing money.

Translates as; No Miz's.

It's like the 'No Homers' club but with no annoying, permanent-tanned, buck toothed, flabby titted twats allowed instead. The Miz, indeed. Crikey.

Alright, I think we get the point.

I think that Miz promo is absolutely excellent, for the record.

Blimey it is isn't it? And look where he is now...

• Paid Members

I'd never seen it before, I must admit, but if I'd have seen that at the time then he would have won me over a lot sooner than he eventually did. I don't really like shoots like these normally but the way he moves it in and out of kayfabe is pretty fantastic.

Archived