Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

I thought the Batista v Sheamus match was an absolute belter. I don't think Batista's been all that bad since he came back actually, his matches have all been pretty good and since the turn his promos have been better as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Zeb/Heyman debate on Smackdown was one of the highlights of the year for me. Hilarious stuff from both men. Just excellent stuff. Proper 1980s WWF schtick from two world class managers. The pull apart was so great, because the build up was they were going to go at it and then they had a really weak old man pull apart which was designed to be hammy and show they were both all mouth and neither could fight to save their lives. Their over the top facial expressions as they were being separated was funny as fuck. More of these two, please.

• Paid Members
I thought the Batista v Sheamus match was an absolute belter. I don't think Batista's been all that bad since he came back actually, his matches have all been pretty good and since the turn his promos have been better as well.

Being the impartial blob that I am, I've felt the criticism of Batista has been well harsh. It's not like Batista was ever Shawn Michaels at the wrestling part, he's always been a decent hand and only ever great when he's in there with a bloke like Undertaker or Triple H. Sheamus is bloody good too.

I'll need to check all this out, tonight. Reads like a good time.

• Paid Members
The Zeb/Heyman debate on Smackdown was one of the highlights of the year for me. Hilarious stuff from both men. Just excellent stuff. Proper 1980s WWF schtick from two world class managers. The pull apart was so great, because the build up was they were going to go at it and then they had a really weak old man pull apart which was designed to be hammy and show they were both all mouth and neither could fight to save their lives. Their over the top facial expressions as they were being separated was funny as fuck. More of these two, please.

BmHjegfCIAEQ89E.jpg-large.jpeg

Heyman is absolutely my favorite thing about wrestling right now. He's annoying, he's cheesy, and he's slimy. It's a beautiful thing. Zeb's not too far behind, either.

The brilliance of Heyman at the moment with that awful repetition is he's not going for the "E-C-Dub! E-C-Dub! We like dirtsheets!*clapclapclapclapclap*We like dirtsheets!" type cheers that he's often guilty of playing to. He's being a proper, prickish blowhard and winding the audience up, and it should mean mega heat for Lesnar when he returns. It's not really translated to Cesaro though, Heyman's still a bit guilty of playing for cheers when he gets onto the Cesaro bit of his speeches. Perhaps that'll pass after the Swagger feud ends.

Haven't watched any WWE for a few weeks so checked out this weeks SmackDown in preparation to be watching Extreme Rules on tomorrows lovely bank holiday.

Pretty dire episode.

I liked the Main Event it felt nice to see the United States title being put on the line in the Main Event. Thought Del Rio, Ryback and dare I say it, Curtis Axel put in a good performance. I can't pinpoint what it is.. but Dean Ambrose just pisses me off. It just seems like the bloke trys too hard and puts out sloppy performances. The run in at the end between Rollins and Reigns just shows that these two are in a different league to Ambrose. It's mad to say that considering all the hype for Ambrose and how he was supposed to be the "next big thing".

Alexandra Rusev - Whats going on here? Is it a Brock Lesnar style push? But incredible badly done.

Adam Rose debut on next weeks RAW sounds excellent. Seen bits of him on NXT and I think the gimmick is genius.

Wyatt family were great. Usos continue to look great. Hope they have a nice lengthy reign with the tag titles.

Cesaro seems to be overshadowed by Heyman.

Not digging Bryan as Champion his run just seems like a big bad wet fart. They could have done much more with Big Dave.

Strangely enough I really liked the El Torito/Hornswoggle contract signing and thought it was one of the highlights of the show.

• Paid Members

I really dig Dean Ambrose. I think he does the nutcase gimmick really freshly and different to how anyone else has done it. He's probably my favourite member of The Shield.

Seems like Sky censored Lana on this weeks Smackdown. She came out and then just introduced Rusev but then Cole and JBL were referring to what she said about Putin. Seems odd to be censoring a program shown at 11pm.

• Paid Members

Shaemus vs Ambrose was glorious. Reigns vs Henry was awesome. Rollins vs Batista was very average.

I find if I watch SD on silent while listening to music it's a lot more fun. Still a complete nothing show though.

• Paid Members
Shaemus vs Ambrose was glorious. Reigns vs Henry was awesome. Rollins vs Batista was very average.

I find if I watch SD on silent while listening to music it's a lot more fun. Still a complete nothing show though.

That's a generous description of Rollins vs Batista.

I liked the main event, but it didn't mean anything. It seemed like a showcase for Harper as much as anything.

• Paid Members

Ambrose vs Sheamus was great, and it's reassuring to see Ambrose is being kept to look as strong as the other two. That rebound off the ropes into a clothesline is quality.

Archived