Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, D@mm said:

I am thinking out the box here

Based on this idea you should be prohibited by law from coming within 50 feet of ANY box.

Oh you guys give it a rest, you are like a broken record and neither of you are funny, you feel very brave being keyboard warriors. I laugh when you type your stupid shit as it is very petty and it never affects me.

I am waiting for some smart arse comment from one of you lot on a word I used in this post, your talent for quick puns is wasted here. you need to be writing a shit sitcom.

There's actually some positives coming out of Smackdown now:

Rusev and Xavier was fun and it looks like Rusev finally has some momentum.

Hell no reunion was well done. Imagine actually getting the crowd to pop for Kane in 2018. Although I can't help but feel it'll lead to a tedious heel turn.

Asuka beating up Elsworth will be fun.

BECKY!

Negative though . . . why the fuck are Sanity losing?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Negative though . . . why the fuck are Sanity losing?

Wins & losses don’t count, according to the man running the show. They did keep Dain looking strong, though, which I presume will be the ultimate goal of Sanity.

They should switch it up this time, call them Team Hell Yes. Sell some new merch.

• Paid Members

Is "Hell Yes" not a little close to "Hell Yeah" though? I totally agree that it'd be a great idea and shift more merch, but there's that Austin thing.

• Paid Members

I like Team Hell No being back. 2B Vs Hell No feels fresh as well which so often isn't the case these days so I'll take that. Smackdown's tag scene is pretty tasty isn't it? Speaking of which, where have The Bar went too?

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is "Hell Yes" not a little close to "Hell Yeah" though? I totally agree that it'd be a great idea and shift more merch, but there's that Austin thing.

Team Hell Yes is a bit polite. Reminds me of Ed Miliband or how I imagine what a Gareth Southgate motivational speech is like.

• Paid Members

Team Hell No was maybe the last time they actually seemed bothered with a midcard act - in terms of good character development. Vince clearly liked their schtick because every few weeks he added a new wrinkle to the act. Whether that be those anger management skits, the hugs, or the infectiously daft "I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!" shouting match the pair had. Everyone seemed to be inspired and having a good time with the ideas, which is huge. It's easily the best thing they've done with Kane in over a decade.

I think Bryan has even said it's his favourite time during his career because Kane and him were out there having a laugh with it.

• Paid Members

My main takeaway from watching Bryan in these skits with Kane was how badly I’d love to see him as a cast member of Being the Elite. Not only would he have incredible matches in New Japan and ROH, and not only would they likely make a bigger deal out of him, but maybe most importantly for me is how much fun he’d be if he joined up with the Bullet Club and the rest of them to film daft skits, trying to make each other laugh.

Watch that bit at 1:15. He’s tailor made for Being the Elite.

Archived