UKFF'S TOP 50 FAVORITE TV DRAMAS

LaGoosh

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top six will have The Wire, The Shield, Oz, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad in it. Struggling for a sixth, possibly Battlestar Galactica. Never seen it but The Shield will be in the running to win I reckon.

Deadwood is amazing, top 5 from me. I always say if I somehow became a mega lottery winner I'd give the makers the cash to finish the project off.

Top six will have The Wire, The Shield, Oz, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad in it. Struggling for a sixth, possibly Battlestar Galactica.

Game of Thrones.

Is there a full list of "honourable mentions"? I don't want to have to trawl through the whole thread to look. I'm surprised not to see Six Feet Under get a place.

Top six will have The Wire, The Shield, Oz, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad in it. Struggling for a sixth, possibly Battlestar Galactica.

Game of Thrones.

Is there a full list of "honourable mentions"? I don't want to have to trawl through the whole thread to look. I'm surprised not to see Six Feet Under get a place.

Ah of course. Forgot to put it in my top ten as well!

• Paid Members

Once I post them all seperately I will add a full list to the first page.

• Paid Members
I reckon either Sopranos or the Wire will get the top spot.

Yep I reckon so, with GoT and Breaking Bad as outside bets, seeing as they're the big two 'current' shows people love. I've voted for three of the top six, the other three I've never seen- so I have plenty of good TV to catch up on. This list thread is very handy for that sort of thing.

• Awards Moderator
I have plenty of good TV to catch up on. This list thread is very handy for that sort of thing.

Regardless of placement this thread has definitely given me some ideas for the what-to-watch-next pile.

I hope Game Of Thrones isn't in the top 10. I think it's aces, but I also think it's not nearly as revolutionary as people make out, either as episodical television or as fantasy. The books are good, but no more than that either. What I do give it credit for, is somehow getting people who wouldn't normally touch fantasy with a bargepole, to tune in. I'm guessing the tits help.

If only Robin of Sherwood had had tits in :(

• Moderators

Yeah... I forget how awesome it had been at times as I've not bothered to watch the most recent season but it really has had some brilliant moments and characters. Jason, Eric, Russell, Steve Newland, Jessica and Pam are all great. (especially Russell. And Jason).

That said Tara is relentlessly irritating, they chumped out Lafayette when he started so well, and Bill is insufferable so much of the time (though I have hopes for him in the season I haven't watched yet due to what happened at the end of the previous one). Sam is a bit of a twat and all.

On balalce though, I think it should have had a place on my list.

True Blood is good fun. Not anywhere near my own top ten but certainly much better than some of the rubbish we had earlier in thread. There are just too many shows about vampires these days though.

I have purchased Carnivale and Sparticus seasons 1 today as a direct result of this list.

True Blood just has a continuous downhill slide in quality. I managed through to about 1/2 way through Season 4, but it's just fucking terrible now so I've deleted it. Once you had faeries and witches, it had jumped the shark.