The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

They should use the manhattan centre every time for old school raw if they want to use the big Raw logo entrance and should use the raw is war set when they do Old school in an arena. And when they do these shows they should be in loud wrestling towns like new york, chicago, boston etc so returns are appreciated by the live audience

That was a top show. I loved Ambrose nearly cracking up when Jake put the snake in his face. I'm down with Big Show vs Brock again. I cant decide if the The Family angle will run untill 'Mania or if they might cut it short and do something like have Bryan use them to help him win the Rumble then manipulate a split in the group. Along similar lines I'm kind of hoping, in vain, for a double turn with Punk and Reigns and have Punk join the Shield and let Reigns lose on the singles. A Bryan and Family feud vs Punk and Shield Feud could be interesting.

Daniel Bryan finally escaped the clutches of the Wyatt family.

Finally! The reaction at the end, you'd think that him turning on Wyatt had been months in the making. Great stuff. Looks like a rumble match for them two, hopefully won't preclude Bryan being involved in the rumble match itself. The last two weeks add a nice extra something to their feud that was lacking before, though I just wonder if they haven't panicked and turned Bryan back early after realising it was a bit of a shite move.

New Age Outlaws turning heel, not sure I like that. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn got to do their full schtick this week (although the idiots in the truck cut the music) and the crowd were going banana. To me, NAO are just way too likable to be heels, they're so ingrained as legacy stars it feels wrong to boo them.

And the reaction to Bryan going back to normal was Attitude-worthy. I loved the whole show and especially the ending, the crowd really made a very good show great.

So, a brilliant, exhilarating payoff to the babyface having some struggles and finally overcoming, which you only get when the babyface actually has said struggles in the first place - maybe this will stop a bit of the moaning crowd with Bryan for now. Maybe this part of the angle was an acknowledgement that he needed reheating, and they had a good idea of how long they could leave it before pulling the trigger. Done now, he's one of the hot favourites for the Rumble, but this turn hasn't been stuck on the same show as Big Dave's return or some other stuff that may even syphon any of that reaction away. That was an insane response at the end there, and I was glued too, desperately hoping he'd batter Bray. Glorious pro wrestling.

• Paid Members

The Usos were excellent in the opener. The way Jey sold Bray Wyatt's running corner splash thing was awesome. Love that the finish protected them too.

There was an ace reaction from the crowd when Jey hit the overhead kick on Bryan to set up the hot tag. The crowd were clapping along and willing Jey to recover. Then when he actually kicked Bryan, there was a mix of cheers, boos and silence as people didn't know what the hell to do.

That little whisper from Wyatt to Bryan was really sinister. Just a fantastic opening that set the tone.

Anyone think if they'd done this angle with Kane last summer that the Wyatts would have been far better established now?

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

It was a magnificent reaction by the crowd and well worked by all involved, but how long has he been with the Wyatt Family? Two or three weeks?

I don't get the whole 'finally' reaction to his severing ties with the Wyatt's, as he has only been with them for the guts of 9 hours television.

In saying that, that chap is ludicrously over and it's nice to see somebody make a name for themselves on talent alone (with the help of a certain word, of course).

• Paid Members

I think they can get away with the whole "it's only been a few weeks" thing by explaining that Bryan was pretending and biding his time until he got Bray alone. Which I don't think anybody did.

• Paid Members
Anyone think if they'd done this angle with Kane last summer that the Wyatts would have been far better established now?

Not really, because no one gives a shit about Kane.

It was a well perfomed ending...though part of me wishes they saved this story for the summer where they could have dragged it out more and made it mean something. I think it had real potential, instead they've burned through it in 2 weeks.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Not really, because no one gives a shit about Kane.

Yeah, fair point and I get that but the Wyatt's did pretty much bugger all between kidnapping Kane and his return. At the very least this would have developed Bray Wyatt's character much earlier and establishing that he has (had) ability to control someone's mind would have been great for him. I think Kane can be a sympathetic enough character for that to have gotten over.