The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I thought it was a rancid show that I fast forwarded through very quickly after the opening 45, utterly deserving of that rating, NFL or not. Couldn't even be bothered with the main event. Actually I wish I'd watched the NFL game in its' place and I see why so many Americans will continue to do so over the next 5 months.

Such a cornucopia (sp) of unwanted viewing one after another. Bo Dallas, Shining Stars with R-Truth, Jinder Vs Jack Swagger (FUCK my arse), New Day Vs Baldies, Jax Vs Alicia Fox. Like a long episode of Superstars. Awful!

Considering switching to the two hour version for a while, as long as they don't clip the cruiserweights.

• Paid Members

Maybe it's just the case that 1) wrestling isn't as popular and 2) there's so many ways to view the product now traditional ratings won't (I don't think) account for online viewers etc.

Considering switching to the two hour version for a while, as long as they don't clip the cruiserweights.

Ive been watching the 2 hour version for months.

Things that have been cut in recent months are just the Strowman/Jax squash matches, and what ever Titus O'Neil has been doing.

I imagine when the Cruiserweights start though that they will get cut aswell.

• Paid Members

As a “ratings watch” update Smackdown wound up doing a 1.86 (2.66 million viewers) to Raw’s 1.88 (2.69 million viewers) so not a Smackdown win but statistically near identical for the first time in years.

Interesting note to put it in perspective from Brandon Howard whose graphs I’ve been nicking:

http://fightful.com/exclusive-are-raw-ratings-reflection-wwe-popularity

The outright all-time low rating for RAW was a 1.5, set on December 23, 1996. RAW’s current viewership is nearing ever-closer to the level of TNA’s peak. Breaking through the 1.5 barrier would edge RAW ratings closer to the highest rating ever for TNA Impact, which did a 1.45 for its January 4, 2010 episode.

• Paid Members

First thought this morning was that I'd skip Raw and read the results. Then I thought ratings are down, they've got to throw some shit at the wall so talked myself into watching as it could be an interesting show.

No. Just, no.

Their solution to shit ratings is "cage match", like it's 1984. And the world's tamest cage match with a terribly executed finish and then the most obviously set up cage dive in history.

Foley can't do that many segments on one show. And didn't need to either.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

My Raw is now turning into watching the opening to see what they set up, then once you again realise it's not for a gent like me, skip to all of Jericho's bits.

It's a shame because their new super HD entrance set deserves a better show, but it is September, which has long been the start of them switching to auto-pilot on everything. I gave it a rest around about this time last year and I basically missed nothing too important or good.

Foley could.. no, SHOULD be very good. He's more than capable. God knows why he's fucking up so much.

Anyway.. err, the babyface turn for Seth Rollins basically involves him jumping off a load of shit. Will probably work.

Cruiserweights had a decent enough showing.

Jericho is Jericho.

That's about it really.

I actually despise New Day, I want them gone. Shift Big E into a threat that chucks guys about, if you build that bloke up well enough he can be a credible opponent for Brock, he has a great look and uncanny strength. Is Xavier able to make the cruiserweight division limit, if so that'd be perfect, he would add some much needed name value, charisma and a different style to go with all the flippy shit. Kofi, god knows, gatekeeper or something.

The Cruiserweight match was ok, hopefully in time we get an actual reason to invest in them, they tell good stories and have depth so it don't just become moves for the sake of moves.

Foley is very weird, as is Kevin Owens in a suit.

• Paid Members

Anyway.. err, the babyface turn for Seth Rollins basically involves him jumping off a load of shit. Will probably work.

To be fair, Rollins did all that shit as a heel too. He jumped off the cage last year onto Roman Reigns. What made it even worse was someone had already jumped off the cage earlier that night too. Heel or babyface, Seth will just do a big highspot because the cunt doesn't know how to do anything else.