The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Ambrose and Rollins just click. I can see this being the go to rivalry for years to come whenever the two are looking for their next opponent and that's fine by me. I actually hope WWE throw a spanner in the works of this Seth reign and Ambrose comes out of the ppv with the championship. Even if it's only a month reign it would make Ambrose look like a real contender and not the 'nearly man'. Seth can win the championship back in shenanigans...Attitude era hijinks follow Ambrose and I hope an unexpected title change representative of that era happens for him.

That's not a bad shout with another PPV coming up quickly anyway.

They could have chosen anyone else on the roster for Lana to cop off with, but they went with that unsympathetic tosser Ziggler.

Same here. Hopefully WWE put a Lana face turn on hold and pull a swerve but they probably won't.

Ziggler is the worst upper level face I can recall. Everything about him just screams bellend.

• Paid Members

How many more bints to they need to stick on Ziggler's arm? Vickie, AJ and now Lana- and he's been the bitch in the previous two relationships.

Edited by PunkStep

Loving Rusev also.

Loving the tag division and am excited for the match on Sunday.

I am even enjoying the Cena open challenges even if we know he's winning pretty much every week (although heres hoping a star can be made with a shock win at some point.

Just not liking Lana with Ziggler. This can only work if either he turns heel (with Rusev turning face) or if its a big swerve but even then I don't see how that does anything other than make Ziggler weak.  Maybe Lana will double swerve both Rusev & Ziggler and cop off with someone else at the Chamber, Barrett or Sheamous anyone?

• Paid Members

Ambrose and Rollins just click. I can see this being the go to rivalry for years to come whenever the two are looking for their next opponent and that's fine by me. I actually hope WWE throw a spanner in the works of this Seth reign and Ambrose comes out of the ppv with the championship. Even if it's only a month reign it would make Ambrose look like a real contender and not the 'nearly man'. Seth can win the championship back in shenanigans...Attitude era hijinks follow Ambrose and I hope an unexpected title change representative of that era happens for him.

That's not a bad shout with another PPV coming up quickly anyway.

A 2 week reign for Ambrose would be brilliant - it'd be a nice twist for the Network subscribers watching the Chamber show, and break up the long wait for Brock returning to go after Rollins.

• Paid Members

I'm a huge fan of the idea of bouncing the title around a bit and giving Ambrose a short run. As long as the belt is on Seth by the time Summerslam against Brock comes around then I don't see any reason why they can't spice things up and maybe elevate Ambrose somewhat by giving him a go with the belt. Plus, the very fact that Dean is still as over as he is despite being booked into oblivion since Hell in a Cell is reason enough to reward him with something. I hope that Goldberg-style, "Aaaaambrose" chant from Monday's show sticks around. That was cool.

But yeah, I view long title reigns similar to how I view those long mid-card matches we now get on RAW. It's what all the smart fans ever wanted, sitting there with their stopwatches and complaining for years that everything was too rushed. But now that we actually have these long, drawn out matches every week it's quickly become apparent that they're mostly boring and they don't improve the show at all. Same with long title reigns. It's what everyone wanted when the WCW title was changing hands on a weekly basis, but it feels like they've gone to the other extreme now and I almost look back nostalgically at that time period.

It was far more exciting when it felt like the belt could change hands quite regularly. Nowadays it feels like everyone gets a good six months to a year with it and the only time they otherwise switch it is if somebody gets injured.

• Paid Members

It was far more exciting when it felt like the belt could change hands quite regularly. Nowadays it feels like everyone gets a good six months to a year with it and the only time they otherwise switch it is if somebody gets injured.

Yep. Basically instead of fans looking forward to the title changing hands in a big match it just seems like killing time until whoever is Money In The Bank that year goes to cash it in.

There were 11 title changes in 1999. That might seem like too much but fucking hell it kept you watching knowing that the title could change hands any minute. 11 is probably too high for the current era but there should be roughly 3 title changes per year I think unless absolutely necessary.

Owens-Cena, best joint promo i've seen in years

"you say your son is a Cena fan cos of the WWE corporate machine, if that was the case he'd be a fan of Adam Rose, have a Funkasaurus shirt and dream of playing in the XFL"

Edited by sj5522

• Awards Moderator

I hope Pitcos enjoyed the latest instalment of Kingston vs Ziggler. It's been a while. Even WWE.com describes it as a "never-ending series"!

Edit: just watched highlights of the Owens-Cena segment. That was excellent from both guys.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I am sure it has been mentioned already, but Paige is really bad at calling spots. In her match with the Bellas last night, it was almost every other move she was shouting, including the "roll me up" at the end.

• Paid Members

Absolute definition of a "meh" show. They've announced the top line for the MITB PPV pretty much so it was a case of playing around with the pieces. I love Roman but don't need to see him in three matches in one night when I know he's not going to lose any of them.

Owens/Cena was brilliant and the little girl with the "I'm beating Cancer" sign was fucking incredible. The ending was hot when Ambrose 3:16 turned up. The rest isn't worth watching.

Given that they've got the main events set up, it would have been nice to see some real development down the card. Bit of a wasted opportunity really.

Early days but babyface Lana might be the worst "character" they've ever had.

Cena/Owens promo was absolutely fantastic, everything else was the usual shite. Crap to see Big Show back to derail any slight momentum Ryback might have had gained from his title win. Crazy that they had the Bellas win with twin magic, when there's such a vast difference in their appearance these days, such lazy booking.

Rollins is such an afterthought as champ too.