The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Do we know exactly how long the match was? I know Bruno had at least one 80+ minute match in the WWWF.

(EDIT: Just Googled, turns out the Gauntlet was 101 minutes, with Seth in there for 65 minutes. So definitely the longest match in WWE history, if we count a gauntlet as a single match)

Profightdb has a list of longest matches (though I suspect this hasn't had time to be added) - http://www.profightdb.com/longest-wrestling-matches.html

That SMASH gauntlet is at the top, followed by the Island Death Match, and a CHIKARA Cibernetico. The list is incomplete, as Shockwave Impact Wrestling held a six-man match that ran for more than 11 hours, which made the Guinness Book of Records as the longest pro-wrestling match ever.

The longest non-gimmicked singles match on there is apparently Brian Pillman vs. George South at WCW Worldwide, which cannot be right - I'm guessing that someone has entered 95:00 when they meant 9:50 (imagine if it was true, though! Just try and imagine a 95 minute George South match...), and then the Chris Hero/CM Punk 2 out of 3 falls that went 92 minutes.

The Austin Aries/Bryan Danielson match that's on there at 75 minutes, IIRC, Bryan was pushing for that to be either a two or three hour match.

CHIKARA once had a Falls Count Anywhere match that saw both wrestlers leave the building, only for them to barge through the door and finish the match during the following day's show, so that one technically should be on the record books as the longest match ever.

Edited by BomberPat

4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Profightdb has a list of longest matches (though I suspect this hasn't had time to be added) - http://www.profightdb.com/longest-wrestling-matches.html

They've listed them all as single matches, with Rollins vs. Cena being longest (28 minutes).  They're also saying Seth was in for 57 minutes, not 65.  I'm guessing because of the short breaks between 'matches'.  Either way I'm sure that's an individual time in the ring record for Raw.

• Awards Moderator

I woke up stupidly early this morning so rather than skimming through the usual 3-4 minute YouTube match highlights I stuck Raw on from the start. What a treat. The gauntlet match was great, flowed so well and gave the build to Sunday a feel of importance that you rarely get for a minor PPV. It's the most invested I've been in Rollins for an age; him pinning Reigns felt bigger than it should have done given it was part one of six.

Given Sunday's result is pretty much a foregone conclusion, I'm hoping they use the chamber to let Braun just twat everyone. No plexiglass left in tact, rip a chain wall off and put someone through the floor. Sod it, give him a bazooka as well.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Is there anyone not called Vince McMahon who doesn’t think it’s time to change the plan? It’s Wrestlemania 32 all over again. They want to book Roman to win the title in the main event, but anyone with a brain can see they’ve picked the wrong guy. Back then it was Dean Ambrose and now it’s Braun Strowman. The only difference is that Braun is ten times more the guy than Dean ever was. If Braun doesn’t win on Sunday it might be the most tone deaf thing in years.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Is there anyone not called Vince McMahon who doesn’t think it’s time to change the plan? It’s Wrestlemania 32 all over again. They want to book Roman to win the title in the main event, but anyone with a brain can see they’ve picked the wrong guy. Back then it was Dean Ambrose and now it’s Braun Strowman. The only difference is that Braun is ten times more the guy than Dean ever was. If Braun doesn’t win on Sunday it might be the most tone deaf thing in years.

I'm only into it if the ending of 'Mania is just turned heel Reigns standing tall. Maybe with Heyman by his side, seeing as Brock may be pissing off.

Watching their desperate babyface get booed out the building, as he finally pays off one of the most underwhelming 2 year builds ever is mind-numbingly terrible. Bet Reigns doesn't even get to troll.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Heyman needs to go when brock does. He’s shown his act doesn’t get anyone else over and he’s been repetitive enough with brocks stuff 

You would hope he would be offered something in creative, but he supposedly still has issues with Stephanie so I can't see that happening, and that's assuming that he would even want it, which I don't think he does. He's seemed to be quite content to stick stound as long as Brock wants to stay around, but he knows that his time has passed

As boss as it would be seeing Strowman get another crack against Brock at Wrestlemania, even thinking that something other than Reigns knocking off Lesnar and having his fiftieth coronation moment is going to close out the show is pointless. This is a company that will absolutely refuse to deviate from their plan, and their plan fixates solely around getting Roman Reigns over.

• Paid Members

Surely they're not going with Roman now? Surely this is the end of that plan? Surely they've not had him job to The Miz and now Rollins clean as a whistle only to try and tell us that he's on Brock Lesnar's level? Surely??

I know I'm wrong. I know WWE think that wins and losses don't matter. I know that WWE think if you're a made man with a briefcase or a Rumble win or you're going over on Sunday that you can lose but it just makes less sense than it ever did.