The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I haven't really caught up with Raw lately but this whole storyline with Jason Jordan & Kurt Angle. Do we think the WWE will pull the trigger on Christmas Day Raw next week? Something like 'You were never my dad' or 'Never my son'. 

It does kind of feel that the WWE have purposely set up this storyline with a view of a bombshell happening on a day like Christmas. 

No idea where this should go, but fucking hell this feels wrong. Yeah it has a couple of laughs, but knowing today’s arsehole crowds bound to chant for Elf, can see this making tv at some point or other and just fucking his monster image 

• Paid Members

Saw somebody make the point that the womens Rumble segment was roughly equivalent to if when the Authors of Pain/Sanity/Undisputed were brawling in the ring and Regal came out to announce WarGames, they'd all started hugging, lifting each other's arms and going "Yay, NXT breaks the glass ceiling!"

19 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

If Sting, Luger, Savage, Hall, Nash, Hogan, DDP, Giant, Flair, Benoit, Guerrero, Raven and Mysterio in their prime all turn up on Raw next week, then we'll be OK without Brock.

More than half those guys never headlined, Nitro. never mind PPVs in that 96-97 period. I have no problem with Brock doing what he does and if Raw wasn't 3 hours and had a bigger roster, I wouldn't mind bigger name guys not showing up every week and not over exposing the top guys, as now guys have to appear every week if they are fit, which makes them seem less special.

7 hours ago, Louch said:

No idea where this should go, but fucking hell this feels wrong. Yeah it has a couple of laughs, but knowing today’s arsehole crowds bound to chant for Elf, can see this making tv at some point or other and just fucking his monster image 

As a general rule, whenever WWE says something is HILARIOUS... it fucking isn’t.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, the_mole said:

More than half those guys never headlined, Nitro. never mind PPVs in that 96-97 period. I have no problem with Brock doing what he does and if Raw wasn't 3 hours and had a bigger roster, I wouldn't mind bigger name guys not showing up every week and not over exposing the top guys, as now guys have to appear every week if they are fit, which makes them seem less special.

Almost all of them headlined TV at some point and half of them did it regularly. If WWE had a roster with that much star power then there'd be little complaint about Lesnar but they don't, nowhere near it.

6 hours ago, FUM said:

On the Brock thing, I actually feel the title has gained prestige with him not being there every week.

It's given it "the champ getting special treatment" feeling.

I don't think it harms Brock or the title. But the company is so devoid of genuine stars while trying to present five hours of TV per week that it hurts them. Sure it probably draws more eyes when Brock does turn up on PPV (though no idea how we tell these days) but their bread and butter is every Monday and Tuesday night and they need all the help they can get to make it must see.

16 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Hideo Itami has smashed Brian Kendrick’s face up doing the GTS. Broken orbital bone and broken nose. Itami can’t catch a real, can he?

Pretty ironic after what he said about CM Punk.

*Bret Hart smug cloud passes over the horizon*

Best there is, best there was, best there ever will be. ,never injured anyone in a 22 year career. Triple H couldn't lace my boots.

*Bret Hart smug cloud disappears over the horizon*

Edited by NoUseforaUsername

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Hideo Itami has smashed Brian Kendrick’s face up doing the GTS. Broken orbital bone and broken nose. Itami can’t catch a break, can he?

They should absolutely be capitalising on this to give Itami an edge. Make it the modern version of the piledriver.

• Paid Members

I genuinely wonder how long Itami has left in the company. Tiny man. Never really gelled with the WWE style. Developed a reputation for being injury prone. Now he’s injuring guys. I don’t know how long he’s got on his contract but I suspect they won’t be renewing, if they keep him until that point at all.