The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

For fuck sake they really need to stop giving Foley a live mic.  Just pre record all of his backstage segments.  If they keep building up Strowman I reckon we could see a match with the Undertaker at a later stage.  This was one of those weeks where nothing stood out again.

not seen any of the show but i've read the comments, how has Foley gone from being one of the best promo guys in the business to being so bad in front of camera?

Because he has to remember a load of shit, scripted dialogue and he's spent the last 30 years being smashed in the head and falling off high things.

So it was the debut of the cruiserweight division on Raw and they didn't even have the champ on? You'd thought they'd have at least had him out to congratulate him on being the first champion have to welcome him to Raw. I bet about 70% of the people watching didn't watch the CWC so probably had no idea what they four guys were fighting for.

Although I liked that they kept the purple colour scheme for them.

• Paid Members

So it was the debut of the cruiserweight division on Raw and they didn't even have the champ on? You'd thought they'd have at least had him out to congratulate him on being the first champion have to welcome him to Raw. I bet about 70% of the people watching didn't watch the CWC so probably had no idea what they four guys were fighting for.

Although I liked that they kept the purple colour scheme for them.

I'd say that 70% is even a low estimate. I'd be suprised if 10% of the audience that watch Raw in the states happened to see the CWC. They have a lot of work to do if they want it to work on the main show. Starting out by not showcasing the champ a few nights after his crowning wasn't the best idea to kick things off.

• Paid Members

Has there ever been a time in the history of Raw where the show seems to have absolutely no stars at all? I really like Seth and Kevin Owens and stuff, but the headliners look like TNA off a few years ago. Like Bobby Roode and James Storm are main eventing, but you get that feeling they'll be back working tags in 3 months. Even when Raw was on its arse, you still saw Nash and Luger and they came across as stars. Even if they werent doing business, you'd at least go "I wouldnt mind meeting them at Woolworths". Its just strange watching Raw these days. Nothing really happens. We're counting down the months until Goldberg turns up or some fucker.

I suppose the "band aid era" (as some have called it) has finally killed week to week. The Undertaker, Brock, Cena, HHH are the stars. Everyone else just hangs around.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeah, WWE has little in the way of genuine thrills and can't miss content outside of a part-timer returning after a few months off.

The complete and utter failure of Reigns has screwed them up for a few years. They spent two years pushing Reigns so hard that they seemed to neglect some of the roster and marginalized others that clearly should have got a chance. They're playing catch up now.

I believe Mick Foley died about a decade ago, and he's been replaced by some homeless bloke claiming to be the former Cactus Jack. I look at Foley sometimes I cant believe he was ever a good promo. There's just nothing to him anymore. Yet he was amazing back in the day.

They've taken the approach The Beatles did when the real Paul McCartney died in that car crash. Don't tell anyone, we will just replace him with someone else.

Except they've got someone in who is clearly an absolute retard and even more of a grubby little pervert compared to the original

Has there ever been a time in the history of Raw where the show seems to have absolutely no stars at all? I really like Seth and Kevin Owens and stuff, but the headliners look like TNA off a few years ago. Like Bobby Roode and James Storm are main eventing, but you get that feeling they'll be back working tags in 3 months. Even when Raw was on its arse, you still saw Nash and Luger and they came across as stars. Even if they werent doing business, you'd at least go "I wouldnt mind meeting them at Woolworths". Its just strange watching Raw these days. Nothing really happens. We're counting down the months until Goldberg turns up or some fucker.

I suppose the "band aid era" (as some have called it) has finally killed week to week. The Undertaker, Brock, Cena, HHH are the stars. Everyone else just hangs around.

They haven't created a genuine star since 2005. To think that Cena and Batista were the last two genuine business effecting stars that they made is scary. Even the people we thought were stars like Punk and Bryan really weren't. They were just two guys that had a belt that hardcore fans liked but no one else wanted to pay to see. With the way they do things now, I just can't see where a star is going to come from.

• Paid Members

Raw viewership is in and the three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.73 million viewers

9 p.m. 2.69 million viewers

10 p.m. 2.63 million viewers

2,000 more viewers than last week, so still very bloody low and against an NFL game that did lower numbers than last week. Vince will tear a second quad again after seeing that. He'll be no-selling the injury and attempt to dropkick the nearest cruiserweight.