The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to the collective hissyfit from comments sectioners when it's Hacksaw Jim Duggan

There will be an even bigger hissyfit when it ends up being Kane.

Comments sections are poison, but when is it not a hissyfit, because both of these would be fucking atrocious?*

*well, Duggan would be a laugh. If I were Ambrose and Reigns, I'd steer clear of people with manly beards.

The lower half of a web page, as Dave Gorman shows in his Found Poems, can be pure gold for all the wrong reasons. Take last night for example, it was all John Cena's political power than allowed Nikki to break the divas title record.

They made a big thing of it being the season premiere and with that they'll have been hoping to get a decent number of viewers, including lapsed viewers who remember Sting from way back when. I reckon it's purely hoping that said viewers go online and buy a tshirt, aswell as those in the arena buying one on the way out. He'll be in full gear at the PPV no doubt

Edited by WyattSheepMask

They'd should have played out seths tap out as if he was living to fight another day, with two big matches coming up he doesn't want to pick up an injury now does he. Etc

It struck me that that was definitely the way he was playing it, but the commentators didn't pick up on it at all.

I'm going to assume that the Wyatts vs. Reigns, Ambrose and 3rd is carrying on until Hell in a Cell. Miz totally flubbed his lines saying something about him not teaming with Ambrose and Reigns at HIAC instead of NOC.

Then again, it might have just been a simple botch.

I wonder if maybe Miz was told earlier in the day that he's not on Night of Champions but he might get a match at Hell in a Cell, so that was the show that was on his mind. Odd mistake to make, whatever happened. Reminded me of his diva search days.

I did want Sting to at least wear his coat TBH. Is this wearing of the t shirt a WWE marketing/shill merchandise decision or what? Or was it that he just wanted to save his wrestling gear until the PPV.

Sting has wrestled in a t-shirt for ages now when he's been allowed. He doesn't like getting his tits out, so he rarely goes in the singlet. WWE's marketing department wasn't choosing his outfits when he was wrestling Luke Gallows in TNA. He probably spent all WrestleMania Sunday asking if he could wear a top in his match.

Good point regarding Sting and his insecurities about his chest. He looked fine at WM in his singlet so id be surprised if he didn't go with that at NOC.

I dunno why he just doesn't wear the Starrcade 97 gear tbh, on Raw at least.

I'm as miffed he didn't wear his coat once.

Edited by zep81

They'd should have played out seths tap out as if he was living to fight another day, with two big matches coming up he doesn't want to pick up an injury now does he. Etc

It struck me that that was definitely the way he was playing it, but the commentators didn't pick up on it at all.

Really? Wasn't he rolling around on the ground in pain doing a Peter Griffin shin sell?

But yes, that would of made a lot of sense.

Terrible rating for raw this week,not sure why stings first match wasnt advertised last week

-- September 14: There was no rebound following last week's historically-low TV rating last Monday on Labor Day.

The "season premiere" of Raw scored a 2.42 rating, down slightly from last week's 2.44 rating.

The snapshot reflects a significant drop-off in 2015 ratings compared to previous years. This year's Raw against the Monday Night Football Week 1 doubleheader scored a 2.42 rating, down from a 2.88 rating last year, a 2.91 rating two years ago, and 2.98 rating three years ago.

- Raw averaged 3.397 million viewers, about the same as 3.385 million average viewers last week.

Hourly Break Down: 3.290 million first hour viewers with a slow start out of the gate, an increase to 3.539 million second hour viewers, and a drop-off to 3.363 million third hour viewers at the intersection of the first MNF game ending and the second game on the West Coast beginning.

The third hour included Sting's first-ever Raw TV match, which was not announced in advance. WWE made the announcement at the top of the first hour, which was the least-watched first hour of Raw this year. The previous low for the first hour was 3.362 million viewers on June 29.

- In the demographic ratings, Raw took a big hit in males 18-34 & 18-49. Both were down three-tenths of a rating from last week. Raw was also down 12 percent among all adults 18-49, likely impacted by the season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars" on ABC.

• Paid Members

Oddly more people watching this week despite the drop in rating on last week. I haven't really followed them for years so I was surprised last week to realise they're at WCW 2000 levels. As discussed though, they have plenty of revenue streams so the ratings aren't the be all they once were.

It's not surprising though. Things move so slowly in WWE land these days that there is just no reason to watch every week. The number of things of consequence that happen on Raw is so low these days. If you're a fan of good wrestling matches then it's always a reasonable show. If you want a reason to tune in next week, don't bother.

Smackdown's numbers are even worse. They're well under 2m viewers these days.

Assuming these numbers are right, things are actually below Nitro 2000 levels these days. They've pulled an average of less than Nitro did in 6 of 9 months this year. Good job they don't rely on the US audience anywhere near as heavily as they once did because it isn't there.

Nitro - Jan 2000 - 3.12
Raw - Jan 2015 - 2.95

Nitro - Feb 2000 - 2.925
Raw - Feb 2015 - 2.9225

Nitro - Mar 2000 - 2.625
Raw - Mar 2015 - 3.02

Nitro - Apr 2000 - 2.625
Raw - Apr 2015 - 2.755

Nitro - May 2000 - 2.9
Raw - May 2015 - 2.655

Nitro - Jun 2000 - 2.825
Raw - Jun 2015 - 2.668

Nitro - Jul 2000 - 2.44
Raw - Jul 2015 - 2.655

Nitro - Aug 2000 - 2.75
Raw - Aug 2015 - 2.708

Nitro - Sep 2000 - 3.125
Raw - Sep 2015 - 2.43

Edited by tiger_rick

For the past 18 months I have tended to watch 1 out of every 5 or 6 episodes of RAW and usually enjoy it a lot.

Up until last year's WrestleMania I was watching every week for years and complaining about how dull and repetitive things were.