The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'd say the way to go from here is Evolution vs The Shield 3 on 2, loser disbands. Ambrose and Reigns put in a valiant effort, but Rollins is the one to put them down and they go their own way. Rollins feuds with Ambrose, Reigns feuds with HHH.

The turn was very well done, Ambrose's facials stole it. Guy managed to pull off confused/heartbroken pretty well. The pause between Rollins hitting Reigns and Ambrose was well done too, for a while I thought Ambrose would turn too, which is what I think they were going for.

Edited by FelatioLips

I may be way out with this idea as I haven't been watching recently but how about having Reigns swerve everybody and join Evolution? That'll put heat on him over the summer and he can turn on them in time for Wrestlemania. There's no point in hot shotting the angle for it to end at a B-level PPV. Have something happen at the Rumble and then do Reigns - HHH at Mania.

Hopefully Rollins shows up next week in a great suit and maybe a beardless. There is a lot of potential in this Rollins turn and it's made me excited for WWE TV again.

Why beardless? All of Evolution have beards. It's not "corporate" to be clean shaven.

• Paid Members
Hopefully Rollins shows up next week in a great suit and maybe a beardless. There is a lot of potential in this Rollins turn and it's made me excited for WWE TV again.

Why beardless? All of Evolution have beards. It's not "corporate" to be clean shaven.

It's just a visual thing. With him selling his arse to ride Corporate America's shaft, why not go all out?

I'm hoping that it's a swerve and the Shied are looking to bring down Evolution from the inside. If it's not though, I can't see a logical reason for Rollins turning. Your part of a team that has beaten a team twice (cleanly I might add). You go through a beating the previous night and in a number of angles the preceding months. You then decide to leave the successful team and join up with a team that not only have you beaten, but have tried to kill you since the day after WM. What is the motivation for this? I would rather they had added Cesaro to the group. You could have still had him as a Paul Heyman guy and it would have led to some interesting interaction between the Shield, Heyman and Evolution. If you were going to turn a member of the Shield, would it not have made more sense (both story and logic wise) for the turn to have happened last night, costing Shield the match? If they manage to explain it well next week (or on SD) I might look on this in a different light. Hopefully they will.

Edited by Mr Tibbs

Surprised at there being any negativity to this turn, it was a cool surprise for me and is the sort of thing that makes me go out of my way to keep up with the show next week. In terms of character motivation, hasn't HHH been singling out Reigns (whilst everybody else does on the side too) as a threat, then with Rollins taking such an active role in The Shield's success over the past few months, he might be jealous of the attention or now ready to go it alone. All with HHH as the devil on his shoulder. That's simple enough isn't it?

I really loved the turn itself - I'm probably forgetting a few but it seems to me that when top(ish) guys turn, it's more often a slow burn that a big shock moment. Thinking of Punk as Champion, Bryan when he was World Champ, Kane's corporate return, Del Rio's descent back to the dark side last year, there's loads. I like a nice punch you in the gut turn they used to do more of, this one really came from nowhere and had you calling him a cunt for a minute while you watched the aftermath. Good stuff.

• Paid Members
I'm hoping that it's a swerve and the Shied are looking to bring down Evolution from the inside. If it's not though, I can't see a logical reason for Rollins turning. Your part of a team that has beaten a team twice (cleanly I might add). You go through a beating the previous night and in a number of angles the preceding months. You then decide to leave the successful team and join up with a team that not only have you beaten, but have tried to kill you since the day after WM. What is the motivation for this? I would rather they had added Cesaro to the group. You could have still had him as a Paul Heyman guy and it would have led to some interesting interaction between the Shield, Heyman and Evolution. If you were going to turn a member of the Shield, would it not have made more sense (both story and logic wise) for the turn to have happened last night, costing Shield the match? If they manage to explain it well next week (or on SD) I might look on this in a different light. Hopefully they will.

Well, i'm guessing from a storyline perspective, with HHH basically being the boss of the company, he can simply go "join us and I will make you very very rich". Sounds a good enough reason to me.

I can't see a logical reason for Rollins turning. Your part of a team that has beaten a team twice (cleanly I might add). You go through a beating the previous night and in a number of angles the preceding months. You then decide to leave the successful team and join up with a team that not only have you beaten, but have tried to kill you since the day after WM. What is the motivation for this?

Great turn, but I also have this niggling in the back of my head. Hopefully they will give us a logical reason to justify the turn. Would be easy enough, after all, Triple H has the power to offer Rollins the world. A title shot, a place in MITB, his endorsement as a future face of the WWE etc.

Fingers crossed. I am looking forward to where the angle goes.

• Paid Members

My only gripe is at what point has Triple H been able to speak to Seth Rollins to promise him the world?

The Shield as a unit in storyline terms travel together, stay together and from a kayfabe perspective I imagine room together and spend as much time as possible with each other. There's no logical timing that a guy who spent the last few months battering him at all times would find an opportunity to offer him the world without somebody noticing.

• Paid Members
I can't see a logical reason for Rollins turning. Your part of a team that has beaten a team twice (cleanly I might add). You go through a beating the previous night and in a number of angles the preceding months. You then decide to leave the successful team and join up with a team that not only have you beaten, but have tried to kill you since the day after WM. What is the motivation for this?

Great turn, but I also have this niggling in the back of my head. Hopefully they will give us a logical reason to justify the turn. Would be easy enough, after all, Triple H has the power to offer Rollins the world. A title shot, a place in MITB, his endorsement as a future face of the WWE etc.

Seems like a title shot is the standard inducement for Evolution membership these days - interesting that they set up that Dave would rather jack it in than put up with the bullshit that finally getting to his title shot would entail, whilst Rollins threw his mates under the bus to possibly get the same outcome.

Seems like a title shot is the standard inducement for Evolution membership these days - interesting that they set up that Dave would rather jack it in than put up with the bullshit that finally getting to his title shot would entail, whilst Rollins threw his mates under the bus to possibly get the same outcome.

Maybe he offered him a night with his wife?

• Paid Members
My only gripe is at what point has Triple H been able to speak to Seth Rollins to promise him the world?

The Shield as a unit in storyline terms travel together, stay together and from a kayfabe perspective I imagine room together and spend as much time as possible with each other. There's no logical timing that a guy who spent the last few months battering him at all times would find an opportunity to offer him the world without somebody noticing.

Texts or emails? You're probably thinking too much into it.

I'm unsure of the heel turn just yet. Seth Rollins is a wonderful babyface wrestler but his promos are very heelish. It's probably the best way for him to go really. As a babyface singles he'd probably get a bit lost in the shuffle at this point. Plus they won't want him competing for cheers with Roman Reigns.

It seems the simplest reason for a turn now would be that Trips can offer Rollins the world. But if that were the case, wouldn't Orton quickly get more jealous than he already is if he doesn't get the same treatment? He seems weirdly content with his spot right now but he should be wanting the top spot as badly as Batista did.

• Paid Members
I'm hoping that it's a swerve and the Shied are looking to bring down Evolution from the inside. If it's not though, I can't see a logical reason for Rollins turning.

That's because you're a moron. And besides, it's wrestling. Who gives a shit about logic?

Louch was moaning on endlessly yesterday about nothing new in the WWE pipeline. So they do something new and then along comes someone like you to moan about this. The Shield had gone as far as they could. They had faced and beaten just about everyone. If you really have to apply logic to it then of course there's plenty to see. Orton and HHH have 20-odd world titles between them. HHH is running the joint. Sounds like plenty of incentive to switch to a different set of chaps to me.

Plus there was that segment a few months ago when Rollins basically walked out on Reigns and Ambrose. The seeds were sown then.