The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Warrior announced for Raw on WWE.com!

WWE.com can confirm that newly-minted WWE Hall of Famer The Ultimate Warrior will be at Raw tonight, but what else lies ahead? WWE.com has five ideas for you to ponder while you wait for the action to unfold on USA tonight at 8/7 CT. (Not to mention the Raw Pre-Show on WWE Network at 7:30 ET.)

• Paid Members

WHAT?! I'm stunned that he's there. I thought this was a Hall of Fame and then fuck off type thing. Has to be a thing with Hogan. They apparently made up over the weekend and WWE.com have withheld all pictures of them together, so surely they are going to hug it out or something.

Chuffed. Hopefully he's in his gear.

• Paid Members

That might have been better than Mania. The night seemed like a changing of the guard in the sense that they promoted so many different and fresh acts. The Wyatts looked like megastars, Bo Dallas and Adam Rose (HE HAS A BUS!) got vignettes, Bad News Barrett got a win against Rey, Rusev debuted and it was what it was. In my opinion "not quite as shit as Tensai's debut" is a positive. Paige won the Divas title and was put in a tremendous position to get over. Just fantastic stuff from her. You would think Cesaro was the second coming of Steve Austin the way the fans reacted to him. Adding Heyman to his act was a nice little touch. They should be great together. He's got a new jacket and a lovely nickname. He's had the rocket strapped to him it looks like. I hope Heyman keeps the broken Andre statue. It looked great in his arms like Paul Bearer's urn. Bryan and The Shield vs Evolution and Kane should be class.

Heyman's promo with Lesnar was one of the best I've seen in ages. God he was at his absolutely brilliant over the top best. You had a nice little nostalgic Warrior promo, which I enjoyed. I cant think of anything I didn't enjoy. Loved it. Probably the only thing I didn't like was the lack of Zeb and Hulk interaction. But it was an incredible night.

No Sting, though.

The crowd were far better than last year, less focused on getting themselves over and most of the time being relevant to the actual match in the ring, or maybe I'm slightly bias because I'm still laughing at the 3MB chant when Bryan was being beat down by Evolution.

If last night and tonight are the sign of the future direction the WWE is going, I'm very much hooked all over again. I haven't been this excited in years, moreso than I was during Punk's run, because it's not just one guy that they're backing the farm on for change, there's a good 9-10 different people here all being pushed into that spotlight and being set up to look legit.

Brilliant Raw.

• Paid Members

No Sting though may be based off Taker being in no condition to stand up at the moment. Saw a video of him earlier leaving his hotel and christ he didn't look in a good way.

Shield/Bryan vs the Corp could play for a brilliant little war games match at Extreme Rules. The only way to go against the Shield is to outnumber them, must be a given.

Paige was brilliant. Wished she'd played up more of the Anti Diva thing, saying AJ may have beaten all the Diva's but she's the opposite.

Cesaro has always been one of my favourites, but this is going to be an awesome year for him, I actually shouted out when he made the "I'm not a Zeb Colter guy" knowing what was coming next.

Bar RVD's return, tonight really was a large changing of the guard. Rose, Paige, Rusev, Cesaro, Bryan, The Shield, Barrett. No Christian or Del Rio to shit up my viewing too. That's a product I can definitely get behind.

EDIT: Just went onto Facebook and the top comment was "Still no CM Punk :(". I just can't understand some people's idiocy.

Edited by Shy Dad

You know when you get head and you come but they keep sucking? Jesus. That never ending stream of theme music hits and crowd pops in the last segment brought a tear to my eye. That 'Dean 'Titty Master' Ambrose' sign had me laughing for five minutes by which point I would have lost it at someone opening a door in the house anyway.

Even the crowd were brilliant. All they did was add to it. Warrior's a loon. Cesaro's the new King Of Swing. Raw's become NXT. Main Event has Wyatts/Shield III tomorrow night. I can't escape this Network.

2014 continues to tear shit up. I'm actually excited about Summerslam already.

I did feel the crowd would be better than last year before the show. It threatened to have some of those shit chants, like when some guys at the top were trying JBL chants, then Justin Roberts chants, an ROH chant and some other shit. Luckily, it faded out as people stopped joining in.

I thought it was good, but it sounds like it came off better on TV. The advert breaks killed me live; it's constant. It was a good show, but nothing that blew me away.

I do think Rusev will be great in the future.

Also, I saw Taker outside the Roosevelt and he looked in a bad way. I was hoping people wouldn't try get in his face or bombard him with chants and to their credit, they were respectful. Someone started 'thank you, Taker', hotel guy said 'not today' and it simmered down. He looked exhausted. His cases had what I think was Austin, Texas on so I guessed he wouldn't ne here tonight.

• Awards Moderator
That might have been better than Mania. The night seemed like a changing of the guard in the sense that they promoted so many different and fresh acts. The Wyatts looked like megastars, Bo Dallas and Adam Rose (HE HAS A BUS!) got vignettes, Bad News Barrett got a win against Rey, Rusev debuted and it was what it was. In my opinion "not quite as shit as Tensai's debut" is a positive. Paige won the Divas title and was put in a tremendous position to get over. Just fantastic stuff from her. You would think Cesaro was the second coming of Steve Austin the way the fans reacted to him. Adding Heyman to his act was a nice little touch. They should be great together. He's got a new jacket and a lovely nickname. He's had the rocket strapped to him it looks like. I hope Heyman keeps the broken Andre statue. It looked great in his arms like Paul Bearer's urn. Bryan and The Shield vs Evolution and Kane should be class.

Heyman's promo with Lesnar was one of the best I've seen in ages. God he was at his absolutely brilliant over the top best. You had a nice little nostalgic Warrior promo, which I enjoyed. I cant think of anything I didn't enjoy. Loved it. Probably the only thing I didn't like was the lack of Zeb and Hulk interaction. But it was an incredible night.

Just finished watching and I'm glad to see I don't have to list most of the things I really liked about RAW because Ian's already done it for me. One thing I can add is the 'GRADO / IT'S YERSEL' sign near the front which kept popping up.

Think I might have to start watching things semi-regularly again, if they can keep this momentum going.

Also wondering what will happen next with Lesnar and Undertaker. If this is it for Taker you'd hope for some kind of final segment from him - not that that would have happened last night if he's in as bad a way as everyone's saying - and if Lesnar is buggering off for a few months again I would have expected him and Heyman to mention it in a gloating sort of way.

Fantastic Raw....just 3 minor things that I didn't like. Paige saying she wasn't ready was a more hellish thing to say, like she was trying to chicken out....RVD returning AGAIN. He offers nothing to a show. Why not push someone already on the roster? ..... And JBL commentary. He hasn't been great since being on Raw, but his repetition is fucking annoying. Worse than Cole's " Vintage....", Bradshaw continually said "Goatfaced Cinderella", " dreams do come true" etc.....change the fucking record!!

Sorry if this sounds negative.....everything else on the show was excellent. Shows what they can do when they really try. More of the same please!!

• Paid Members

This is my first post in a wrestling topic since about 2005. Lots has happened that i wasnt curious enough to even YouTube, but the Warrior returning? Fuck me.

Watching the HOF speech and RAW promo at work probably wasnt the best idea, i've been asked twice now why the shit eating grin, but at the same time a weeks worth of sleepless nights went out the window for 10 minutes and for a brief moment, i was 14 again. Fucking brilliant, and that music...god i'd forgotten how sweet it sounds.

Is there any new Warrior shit on the market as a result of this deal? I think i'm due a new t-shirt.