The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

There is also Wyatt for Bryan to work with. Mark Henry would also be fresh if he isn't injured. I suppose you could also say Christian, but that would seem like curtain jerking stuff. Also Cena and Bryan only had one match, and this time the roles would be switched around giving it a new dynamic

Which is hardly ever through his whole 'career'.

WWE's own fault if there is nobody fresh for Bryan to work with, lot of shit on the roster.

Id love to see Brock/Bryan at some point personally.

• Paid Members

WWE's own fault if there is nobody fresh for Bryan to work with, lot of shit on the roster.

Except the times he had those main events runs of course. Still swimming to work to this day after all the tears shed over Mark Henry showing how fucking class he is.

Some people have this weird hatred towards Mark Henry. I have no idea why. If he wasn't quite good, its not like he'd ever enter my mind. I get the Batista hate. But Mark Henry? He's like the nicest bloke in the world. And puts a shift in both on the mic and in the ring, for someone of his size. People really need to get over it and give him a bit of credit.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I asked someone if they saw the bicep high five thingy Henry and Big E did the other week because it was fucking cool and their reply was if those two were in a match they probably fast forwarded it. It baffles me how people still have this attitude to WWE big man style which is as exciting and dynamic as I can remember these days. It's not like Snitsky and Heidenreich are sinking up the place anymore.

• Paid Members

I swear those that still hate Menry have convinced themselves to not watch or stubbornly not enjoy anything he's done since 2011. Many will argue you can go back to his WWECW days, but I didn't see any of that so can't really comment. I couldn't stand him from his original run until I stopped watching briefly after Mania 20, thought he was pretty crap and a waste of a lucrative 10-year contract. Still maintain that opinion for that period. But in 2011, and since (when he's been fit), he's been ace. Superb promos, great matches, intriguing feuds, believable intensity- more bang for your buck than pretty much any wrestler since 2011.

I think the deal with Henry is that he's been around so long yet hasn't achieved that much. I mean up until 2011 he had only won a European title and an ECW belt when it meant nothing. I like the guy but he's had so many injuries and shit storylines that it's undermined anything he's done since. I mean he's had:

A pointless run in the Nation of Domination

A thing with Chyna

A comedy storyline with Mae Young

A Teddy Long / strongman thing that led to nothing in 2002/2003

An association with MNM that went nowhere

A tag team with MVP that went nowhere

Then obviously he had an awesome run with the "Hall of Pain" schtick. It's hard to push someone who's had such bad booking.

I swear those that still hate Menry have convinced themselves to not watch or stubbornly not enjoy anything he's done since 2011.

He has always been fast forward material for me. When he started getting good I just couldn't be bothered to get out of the habit of skipping anything he does. I don't watch Smackdown and I think most of it was happening there wasn't it? Plus the way Butch goes on about him is really off putting

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Just watched the ending from last week's raw again and noticed something funny. Steph starts doing the YES chant and stops, and you see HHH mouth 'keep going', and she starts it again. Got her completely wrapped!

• Paid Members
I swear those that still hate Menry have convinced themselves to not watch or stubbornly not enjoy anything he's done since 2011.

He has always been fast forward material for me. When he started getting good I just couldn't be bothered to get out of the habit of skipping anything he does. I don't watch Smackdown and I think most of it was happening there wasn't it? Plus the way Butch goes on about him is really off putting

You've pretty much proved my point right there.

He was mostly on Smackdown, but the superb match against CM Punk was on Raw. Bet you liked that one.

Except the times he had those main events runs of course. Still swimming to work to this day after all the tears shed over Mark Henry showing how fucking class he is.

Some people have this weird hatred towards Mark Henry. I have no idea why. If he wasn't quite good, its not like he'd ever enter my mind. I get the Batista hate. But Mark Henry? He's like the nicest bloke in the world. And puts a shift in both on the mic and in the ring, for someone of his size. People really need to get over it and give him a bit of credit.

I don't think he does put in a shift in the ring, he's been paid a lot of money since his debut & been very injury prone, others would have been released years ago because of this.

It took him until 2003 to actually look half decent when he was with Teddy Long.

WWE have started pushing him several times throughout his career & then he gets injured AGAIN, never understood the love for Henry & never will.

Why should i give him credit? for being paid a fortune to be injured or in developmental the majority of his career?

• Moderators

Whatever he is getting paid shouldn't be of any interest to you.

Him getting injured should only be of interest to you in that it can be deflated if it cuts short a story he is involved in and/or loses momentum as he is developing interest.

Other than that there's no reason for you to care about those things as a fan.

• Paid Members
Quick note for the Brits/Euros. Clocks went forward over the weekend in America, so if you plan on watching RAW, will be starting at midnight GMT

Cheers for that. Just checked the planner and our Virgin box had, as usual, decided to ditch the series link because the time's changed.

Mark Henry is the perfect litmus test for sussing out other fans you meet in real life. A Voight-Kampff test for Dem Wans, if you will. I usually try to steer the conversation on to Henry as quickly as I can after someone outs themselves.

If all you get back is lulz about Mae Young or that time he couldn't open the cage door on SmackDown, it's the veritable purple cloud in the swimming pool.