UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only just caught up with the other night. Delighted for Junior, although a Rothwell win might have made for a sexier HW title picture.

It's all academic though as Derrick "The Black Beast" Lewis is coming for that belt. He's pure filth. I'd like to see him go on a legend killer run of Heavyweight fatties like Nelson and Hunt now.

Book this now.  I'm totally betting on Black.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just caught up with the other night. Delighted for Junior, although a Rothwell win might have made for a sexier HW title picture.

It's all academic though as Derrick "The Black Beast" Lewis is coming for that belt. He's pure filth. I'd like to see him go on a legend killer run of Heavyweight fatties like Nelson and Hunt now.

Oi! 

• Paid Members

Yeh Derrick Lewis is really seems to be making a breakthrough fan-wise. I dont see him ever cracking that top 5 but he has the kind of power that makes him dangerous for anyone. That right hand that dropped Gonzaga was frightening.

Lewis is one of those guys where his lack of outgoing personality actually adds to his appeal, chuck in the fact that he seems to take pleasure in KO'ing people. Scary fucking guy.

• Paid Members

Brillaint, absolutely brilliant!

Anyone watched the build-up show yet? If so, am I the only one who thinks that Dan Henderson has really aged over the past year or so?

When he speaks he looks and sounds like an old man. And by that I mean someone older than 45.

• Paid Members

Anyone watched the build-up show yet? If so, am I the only one who thinks that Dan Henderson has really aged over the past year or so?

When he speaks he looks and sounds like an old man. And by that I mean someone older than 45.

I guess that's what quitting TRT cold turkey does.

That said, he's always sounded like even speaking to him is a chore. However, you're right, he moves and sounds like a 70 year old. 

Hendo could end up being another Liddell. If you watch interviews with Liddell from 2003, he was quite articulate and vibrant. By 2008, he had changed. His speech had become slower and more slurred. I'm not just drawing from his unfortunate Good Morning America appearance, check out his contributions on TUF 11.

I wish Hendo would have hung up the gloves a few years ago. He's got nothing to prove. His place as a top 10 all-time fighter was sealed years ago. He's in the bracket just below the GSP's, Anderson's and Fedor's. His fight against Cormier a few years ago was very hard to watch. Just horrible matchmaking. No one benefited from that farce. 

• Paid Members

His fight against Cormier a few years ago was very hard to watch. Just horrible matchmaking. No one benefited from that farce. 

Cormier did..he now gets to show this in every montage he has before his fights. Poor Hendo  :cry: !

tumblr_n642xjEUtB1rofocqo1_500.gif

• Paid Members

Tim Kennedy has offered to step in to fight Hendo. Looks like they are cancelling it altogether though and Cub Swanson/Hacran Dias has been moved to the main card.

Machida though, depressing as fuck.

Archived