UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Struve just seems so slow now, his body has filled out and it seems to have turned him into a massive slug, add to that the ridiculous damage he's taken over a long career. He's still relatively young he just seems shot.

The winner of this likely lands a big fight and a heavy pasting going forward.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Two fights ago Horiguchi was main eventing a UFC numbered PPV against DJ. One win later and he's on the Fight Pass prelims. I know we're talking about the much-maligned fly-weight division, but even so ...

When did such a fall down the pecking order last happen?

• Paid Members

I don't think it's so much a fall as Horiguchi was only ever given the title shot in the first place really because Mouse had beaten pretty much everyone else available at the time.

Horiguchi is a good fighter, I was saying at the time that I think he will be a legit contender at some point but I think the title shot came way too early for him. I don't blame him for a second for taking the opportunity but it just seemed like he wasn't ready. He went from fighting Fight Pass level guys to fighting arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet. He completely skipped that level where the likes of Benavidez, Makovsky, McCall etc sit just because they needed a fresh body to throw in with DJ. He'll work his way back up though, I think.

Also, being put on Fight Pass isn't the demotion it was once seen as. They're trying to elevate Fight Pass now and in recent months we've seen Anderson Silva vs Michael Bisping, Diego Sanchez vs Jim Miller and Dustin Poirier vs Joe Duffy as Fight Pass exclusive fights. So it's not like they necessarily see you as a scrub or going nowhere if they put you on there.

Archived