UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Many now putting Overeem forward for a title shot.  I'd love to see him and Mark Hunt slug it out first... 

I think that would be crazy. Entertaining certainly, but the risk isn't worth it all. You've got a bonafide number 1 contender in Overeem, and what would sure be a big money fight. Putting him in with Hunt doesn't make any sense unfortunately. 

It's the first time in a while we've had a clear number 1 contender in the heavyweight division.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think Overeem gets the automatic next title shot. They no doubt brought him in all those years ago with title contention in mind. It's taking him an age to get there, so I think they'll strike when the iron is hot.

Curious as to what happens with JDS now though. Maybe a rematch with Mark Hunt?

• Paid Members

I think Overeem gets the automatic next title shot. They no doubt brought him in all those years ago with title contention in mind. It's taking him an age to get there, so I think they'll strike when the iron is hot.

Curious as to what happens with JDS now though. Maybe a rematch with Mark Hunt?

JDS needs at least one more win for be considered for a title shot. On paper he's only been beaten by 2 men in his UFC run, but it's the nature of those beatings. He's was demolished in all 3 fights and suffered badly against Miocic. 

Frankly i thought Overeem deserved the shot against Werdum before Miocic. 

The Hunt rematch makes more sense definitely. 

Archived