UKFF Top 50 Favorite Television Dramas

LaGoosh

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I'm here am I the only person that watched Alien Nation? I absolutely loved that show when I was 13

I still have a whole heap of ads for it on my old WWF shows taped from Sky One :nerd:

Never saw the tv show, but loved the original film! Did it go past one season?

Finally got my list in. Just missing out were classics like Fall Of Eagles & M*A*S*H* along with little gems like Rome, Dead Set, Mysterious Cities Of Gold & Dark Towers. I am sure many would consider at least half of my list trash but there you go.

• Paid Members
While I'm here am I the only person that watched Alien Nation? I absolutely loved that show when I was 13

I still have a whole heap of ads for it on my old WWF shows taped from Sky One :nerd:

I actually thought it ran for a few years, but it did only go for one season. It always seemed to be on Granada on a Tuesday late night, they must have repeated it a bunch of times.

It was actually alright as TV spin-offs go. Far better than the cacky Highlander and Robocop ports at least. I really liked the film as well, nice twist on the buddy cop film.

• Paid Members

List sent. Really looking forward to seeing how this pans out. If the other lists on here are anything to go by, it should be a good one. Not easy narrowing so many great series' down to 10.

• Paid Members

Many thanks to those who have voted so far. The top 10 is quite the furious battle at the moment, but from 20-50 is a bit of a mess. I'm hoping more votes will balance things out. Currently I've got ten shows all drawing with each other from the mid 30-40 slots. Please get your lists in over the next week and a bit, I want this to be as good as possible. Some of the choices so far have been really interesting though.

And someone please vote for Carnivale!

• Paid Members

I actually thought it ran for a few years, but it did only go for one season. It always seemed to be on Granada on a Tuesday late night, they must have repeated it a bunch of times.

It was actually alright as TV spin-offs go. Far better than the cacky Highlander and Robocop ports at least. I really liked the film as well, nice twist on the buddy cop film.

It was brilliant, until the recent-ish outbreak of film quality American TV series it was my favourite programme ever. It did only last one season but it had a few spinoff TV movies which may have led to your confusion. I have the series on DVD, I haven't watched it since it aired, I must dig it out to watch it again at some point. The theme song was cool too.

Bump

7 days till the deadline!

One show that people seem to love on here that surprisingly hasn't got a single vote yet:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Sons Of Anarchy

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I really enjoy the show, but it's hard to put a case for it being one of the best ever, or my favourite ever. It's great entertainment more than high art.

• Paid Members
And someone please vote for Carnivale!

That's quite surprising. I was going to comment when the thread started proper and predict that the top 5 will consist of The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Lost and Carnivale in some order. Maybe only switching Carnivale for Game of Thrones. I thought Carnivale was adored round here? Maybe I'm thinking of Oz?

Will get my votes in soon, possibly tonight. Would like to do a write up for each and certainly will for my top two. One of which might be a waste of time as I'm certain nobody else will vote for it.

I've got so many shows I still intend to watch, this thread will surely bring a few more. Looking forward to it though.

Archived