UKFF Top 50 Favorite Television Dramas

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

We've had top 50 movies, top 50 comedies, top 50 computer games...we've even had top 50 twats. But now it's time for the UKFF Top 50 Television Dramas!

Let's face it, television these days is bloody fantastic. Whether it's The Wire, Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, Luther, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Lost, Sons Of Anarchy...the sheer quality of some of this stuff is incredible. Everyone's shelves are full of DVD box sets. So let's all have a vote and decide the UKFF's top 50.

Rules are simple:

- Send your top 10 in order to ukfftop50dramas@gmail.com

- Try and write a few words explaining why you chose them

- The term drama is a bit "catch all". Sci-fi shows like X-Files, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica etc. are all allowed. Also your picks don't have to necessarily be modern shows, older stuff like Cracker and Touch Of Frost are viable. Mini-series like Band Of Brothers or Bleak House can be picked too.

- Don't PM me your lists

- Keep it spoiler free! Hopefully we will uncover some hidden gems, it'd be a shame to ruin them before people get a chance to see them

Depending on interest, voting will be open for probably a week and a half so get your lists in. I will update the thread once I have a proper deadline figured out. I will then put it all together in a nice format with pictures, video clips, opinions, reviews, shit on the market etc.

Hope this goes well, it's something I've been interested in doing for a while. Give it your best shot.

Cheers

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Awesome, good time to do this as I'm nearly though Breaking Bad so will need something else next.

Where do you stand on soaps? Specifically, Neighbours?

Edit: more importantly, I take it this is your favourite shows? That has caused confusion on the comedy and movie list threads.

• Paid Members

Soaps are definitely included. And I swear on my unborn children that this will be finished. And yes it's favorite, not best.

Astro, you can't ban me for anything. I bought both volumes of Frantic Planet. We're practically best mates now.

• Paid Members

Me again! What about drama mini-series? Some of the best British dramas have been four-parters. I swear there's a rule in British drama that if it's more than four episodes, leave it to the yanks.

Examples include The Take, Mad Dogs, Casanova etc.

Confessions

I've never seen an episode of The Wire even though i own all the seasons.

I've never watched Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, Mad Men, Oz, Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, only bothered watching 1 episode of Boardwalk Empire and only the first season of 24. I also have zero interest in The X-Files, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica and any other Sci-Fi type shows.

Inspite of being a big fan of The Soprano's and Six Feet Under i still haven't watched all the seasons.

I'm going to struggle to put a list together but will

Archived