UKFF Top 50 Favorite Television Dramas

LaGoosh

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOC's point about Spoiler City is a good one. I mean, Breaking Bad is bound to feature, and that hasn't finished yet. No doubt people are catching up with it but if this thread is at "UK pace" for instance, can it even feature?

• Paid Members

Make it spoiler free please. This thread will help to educate everyone about some fantastic shows that they might not have thought to watch before. I'll certainly be keen to see how it plays out, with a view to getting some good recommendations for stuff to get stuck into. That will all be ruined if all the best TV dramas of all time get spoiled in one thread!

Indeed, but those movies had ended, so you couldn't watch half of one, then kick off about spoilers before you'd seen the second half.

Not trying to piss on your chips, I think this will be excellent.

• Moderators
Not been this exited about a listing since Astro did his AWESOME list a few years a go on his blog (Carnivale was included so it was automatically great). Do you have a link to that list at all Sickboy? Not read it since it was posted initially, 'twas a great read.

Top 10 TV Shows of the Decade: Here's the #1, with all the rest linked at the top.

Interesting how I look at that in hindsight (as well as thinking "Man, did I get better"). Although that does cover a specific decade (and not just drama), there's a bunch of shows that either hadn't aired at the time, or that I just hadn't seen yet, that would stroll their way right to the top half of a list now. At the time I posted that, everyone was all "Where's Deadwood?!" which I hadn't seen, but that pushed me into getting the box set, and it seems crazy that TUF made my also-rans, and even Peep Show seems an odd choice now we're in this magical time of TV's Golden Age.

And in retrospect on the Lost thing (even though I'm sure I'll cover this in my entry), still love it, but I accept that's more on a level of being thrilled and mystified and excited the fuck out, week after week, than the last season being on a par with the true greats of television once its secrets were spilled. Garbage like Under the Dome makes you appreciate just how great -- and difficult to pull off -- a sustained mystery serial like Lost really was.

Fuck me, my entry's going to be a million words, isn't it? :(

• Paid Members

Made my list, some old fart shows in mine. Never had the chance as of yet to see many new dramas. Thank god my birthday list included The Wire, The Shield and Deadwood. Summer is going to be sweet.

• Paid Members

Please remember to include your usernames with your lists people. And a few so far haven't sent me a full 10, obviously you don't have to send me a full 10 but it will make the list better if you do. Thanks

Not been this exited about a listing since Astro did his AWESOME list a few years a go on his blog (Carnivale was included so it was automatically great). Do you have a link to that list at all Sickboy? Not read it since it was posted initially, 'twas a great read.

Top 10 TV Shows of the Decade: Here's the #1, with all the rest linked at the top.

Interesting how I look at that in hindsight (as well as thinking "Man, did I get better"). Although that does cover a specific decade (and not just drama), there's a bunch of shows that either hadn't aired at the time, or that I just hadn't seen yet, that would stroll their way right to the top half of a list now. At the time I posted that, everyone was all "Where's Deadwood?!" which I hadn't seen, but that pushed me into getting the box set, and it seems crazy that TUF made my also-rans, and even Peep Show seems an odd choice now we're in this magical time of TV's Golden Age.

And in retrospect on the Lost thing (even though I'm sure I'll cover this in my entry), still love it, but I accept that's more on a level of being thrilled and mystified and excited the fuck out, week after week, than the last season being on a par with the true greats of television once its secrets were spilled. Garbage like Under the Dome makes you appreciate just how great -- and difficult to pull off -- a sustained mystery serial like Lost really was.

Fuck me, my entry's going to be a million words, isn't it? :(

Good write up on Lost. Whilst I never would have had it higher than something like The Wire, I think you sum up why it was such a fun show for so long. However, for me it

Archived