UKFF Top 50 Favorite Television Dramas

LaGoosh

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I love Prisoner. Used to be a few of us who watched it at uni. It's on my list (not at no.1 I'm afraid), doesn't get enough love. I love loads of Grundy shows. Sons and Daughters is the exception though. Staple of my school holidays and channel changing to Cartoon Network.

• Paid Members

Me and my mate Privet (his real name was Praveen - oh what japes etc.) set up a Prisoner Cell Block H society in the sixth form. There were never any meetings as such, more discussions about last night's episode in a corner of the common room away from the twats pretending to like the Prodigy and the girls moaning about never getting a go on the hi-fi.

• Paid Members
Me and my mate Privet (his real name was Praveen - oh what japes etc.) set up a Prisoner Cell Block H society in the sixth form. There were never any meetings as such, more discussions about last night's episode in a corner of the common room away from the twats pretending to like the Prodigy and the girls moaning about never getting a go on the hi-fi.

That's brilliant.

I've just come across all the boxsets on amazon. Weighing up my options there. I still have Russ Meyer to get through.

• Paid Members
Incidentally, my criteria for this is: if I haven't at least watched the entire series the whole way through its entire run, I won't count it. Any series that runs out of steam after the first season or two then it's a victim of its own over-ambition. Really, really great series should be compelling from first to last note.

I've nominated specific series/seasons rather than the whole run. Regardless of whether it runs out of steam later or gets better with age, you can still have a great drama. For example, ER (not one of my nominations but an example) went for 15 seasons. Not all of them were brilliant but someone might think one season in particular really stood out so you could nominate that season rather than the whole 15 years' worth.

What's your stance on this LaGooch? There's several shows I've only seen a season or two of and yet to get up to date but would still be nominations for me. Similarly, there's a season of a show i'd vote for as easily my favourite...but other seasons of that same show I wouldn't vote so highly. Would you (understandably) prefer shows to be voted as all-encompassing rather than separate seasons?

I would rather shows be voted all-encompassing rather than separate seasons otherwise it'd get far too complicated.

For example, I've only seen the first 2 seasons of Spartacus but may very well put it in my top 10 list despite the fact I've not seen seasons 3 and 4.

• Awards Moderator
Incidentally, my criteria for this is: if I haven't at least watched the entire series the whole way through its entire run, I won't count it. Any series that runs out of steam after the first season or two then it's a victim of its own over-ambition. Really, really great series should be compelling from first to last note.

I've nominated specific series/seasons rather than the whole run. Regardless of whether it runs out of steam later or gets better with age, you can still have a great drama. For example, ER (not one of my nominations but an example) went for 15 seasons. Not all of them were brilliant but someone might think one season in particular really stood out so you could nominate that season rather than the whole 15 years' worth.

Great to know someone else will be voting for ER :thumbsup: downhill after Greene leaves, amirite?

Oh, and the subtitle reads "voting closes in 24th June".

Archived