Who are worse than The Harris Bros?

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Don't forget putting them in there as the Blu Brothers (with Uncle Zeb!) at some point too, or indeed the Bruise Brothers (under which I thought they were actually pretty good in the chaotic all over the building brawls in 1996 ECW).

That's because everyone that was actually shit - Shane Douglas, Public Enemy, Mike Awesome - magically was good in ECW. It was the "he's actually proven in New Japan that he's a really good wrestler" of it's day.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Don't forget putting them in there as the Blu Brothers (with Uncle Zeb!) at some point too, or indeed the Bruise Brothers (under which I thought they were actually pretty good in the chaotic all over the building brawls in 1996 ECW).

That's because everyone that was actually shit - Shane Douglas, Public Enemy, Mike Awesome - magically was good in ECW. It was the "he's actually proven in New Japan that he's a really good wrestler" of it's day.

Mike Awesome is especially magic, as he proved that he was good in Japan, and then went to ECW to be magically good - it was a rollercoaster ride.

• Paid Members
Kenzo Suzuki was fairly fucking shite.Completely forgot the prick existed until he popped up on an old Smackdown I was watching last night.

I forgot he existed until I went to see an All Japan show and he was there, ostensibly in a main event spot. The main event of "All Together" (big charity show for Tsunami relief) was the champions of the three major Japanese feds vs their top rivals in a big six man. Which turned out to be five good wrestlers, and "KENSO." I could have vomited.

I was gonna say Crush initially but IandrewDiceClay's signature is so good I changed my mind! Plus I did kinda mark for the whole Doink/Crush angle at Wrestlemania 9...Devilman was mentioned earlier and I never enjoyed his stuff because he was short and kicked...a lot...and nothing else. The Bushwhackers are an interesting one in as much as they were pretty much universally slated for their WWF run but their work as the Kiwi's and the Sheepherders garnered a lot of praise. Ted Arcidi was pretty rotten.

• Paid Members
Kenzo Suzuki was fairly fucking shite.Completely forgot the prick existed until he popped up on an old Smackdown I was watching last night.

I forgot he existed until I went to see an All Japan show and he was there, ostensibly in a main event spot. The main event of "All Together" (big charity show for Tsunami relief) was the champions of the three major Japanese feds vs their top rivals in a big six man. Which turned out to be five good wrestlers, and "KENSO." I could have vomited.

According to Renee Dupree (who would no something about this) Kenzo struts around Japanese locker rooms as if he was the Undertaker. He really values his WWE run. He's insulted if you dont sit under the Kenzo learning tree.

• Paid Members
According to Renee Dupree (who would no something about this) Kenzo struts around Japanese locker rooms as if he was the Undertaker. He really values his WWE run. He's insulted if you dont sit under the Kenzo learning tree.

Hopefully that's not the case any more. I imagine he's been taken down a peg or two given that the guy that's been the owner since February (and just named himself president) has publicly declared he thinks KENSO/Kenzo is shit and that he should fire him, and would if he wasn't popular with the fans.

Having said that, he's just lost half his roster, so it's possible KENSO ends up going over to Muto's new fed and main event sucking there instead.

EDIT - or it might be a terrible Vince/Austin storyline to get fans behind KENSO in the face of the evil owner, and he's about to be put back on top. Which would be terrible, if anyone cared about All Japan any more.

• Paid Members
Hopefully that's not the case any more. I imagine he's been taken down a peg or two given that the guy that's been the owner since February (and just named himself president) has publicly declared he thinks KENSO/Kenzo is shit and that he should fire him, and would if he wasn't popular with the fans.

Just like that John Cena chap!

Not going over the John Cena argument as it's a waste of breath, all I'll say is the best match I've seen over the past several years was a Cena match.

• Paid Members

Luther Reigns wasn't up to much. Nor was Brakkus for that matter. The headbangers were pretty shit as well, and seemed to stick around for longer than they should have. Kurrgan was brutal to watch until the oddities came about, and then at least we weren't meant to take it seriously.

Luther Reigns wasn't up to much. Nor was Brakkus for that matter. The headbangers were pretty shit as well, and seemed to stick around for longer than they should have. Kurrgan was brutal to watch until the oddities came about, and then at least we weren't meant to take it seriously.

I remember either at No Way Out 2005 or around then, Reigns completely blew his reverse DDT finisher on Undertaker - it looked awful. Reigns was a sad case as he could cut a good promo and had a legit background but was just mediocre in the ring - don't even bring up the second rate Team Angle him and Jindrak did....

Archived