Who are worse than The Harris Bros?

PowerButchi

According to Renee Dupree (who would no something about this) Kenzo struts around Japanese locker rooms as if he was the Undertaker. He really values his WWE run. He's insulted if you dont sit under the Kenzo learning tree.

Hopefully that's not the case any more. I imagine he's been taken down a peg or two given that the guy that's been the owner since February (and just named himself president) has publicly declared he thinks KENSO/Kenzo is shit and that he should fire him, and would if he wasn't popular with the fans.

Having said that, he's just lost half his roster, so it's possible KENSO ends up going over to Muto's new fed and main event sucking there instead.

EDIT - or it might be a terrible Vince/Austin storyline to get fans behind KENSO in the face of the evil owner, and he's about to be put back on top. Which would be terrible, if anyone cared about All Japan any more.

Man I knew All Japan was in bad shape but things must be fucking desperate if that clown has been at the top of the card there. Only times I found him tolerable was when he was teamed with Rene and his run with HUSTLE in which his wife seemed to be more with fans over than him.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So far most of the contributions to the thread have been shitarses who got their fifteen then fucked off again, never to be seen again, so for me the Harris Brothers are still winning it by a mile. Those motherfuckers worked in Smoky Mountain, ECW, WCW, WWF and TNA. They stunk for over a decade and got paid to do it.

I will say this though- as crap as they were, I do like to see big tough looking guys like Ron and Don on my wrestling shows. At least they had that sort of credibility whereby if your Dad stuck his head round the door while they were on the screen, he'd say 'look at the size of them bastards', rather than 'he looks a bit skinny to be in it'. Sorry Punk.

• Awards Moderator
So far most of the contributions to the thread have been shitarses who got their fifteen then fucked off again, never to be seen again, so for me the Harris Brothers are still winning it by a mile. Those motherfuckers worked in Smoky Mountain, ECW, WCW, WWF and TNA. They stunk for over a decade and got paid to do it.

I really want to add Ed Leslie into this, but he was insane-over in late 80s WWF. Poor technical worker but got the crowd on their feet and sold decent merch.

After that run following Hulk everywhere he really did stink up the joint though.

I've got one - Horace Hogan.

He wrestled for WWF, WCW, FMW, WWE and every single fucking indy or overseas fed without ever drawing a dime, and he was horrible in the ring.

Add to that he was shitting on the good Hogan name, much like David Flair.

Horace is worse than Don Harris surely?

• Paid Members
I've got one - Horace Hogan.

He wrestled for WWF, WCW, FMW, WWE and every single fucking indy or overseas fed without ever drawing a dime, and he was horrible in the ring.

Add to that he was shitting on the good Hogan name, much like David Flair.

Horace is worse than Don Harris surely?

Horace is a really good one actually. Fucking stank.

According to Renee Dupree (who would no something about this) Kenzo struts around Japanese locker rooms as if he was the Undertaker. He really values his WWE run. He's insulted if you dont sit under the Kenzo learning tree.

Hopefully that's not the case any more. I imagine he's been taken down a peg or two given that the guy that's been the owner since February (and just named himself president) has publicly declared he thinks KENSO/Kenzo is shit and that he should fire him, and would if he wasn't popular with the fans.

Having said that, he's just lost half his roster, so it's possible KENSO ends up going over to Muto's new fed and main event sucking there instead.

EDIT - or it might be a terrible Vince/Austin storyline to get fans behind KENSO in the face of the evil owner, and he's about to be put back on top. Which would be terrible, if anyone cared about All Japan any more.

Man I knew All Japan was in bad shape but things must be fucking desperate if that clown has been at the top of the card there. Only times I found him tolerable was when he was teamed with Rene and his run with HUSTLE in which his wife seemed to be more with fans over than him.

Kenzo Suzuki has not been a top guy in All Japan. He's been a somewhat comedic midcard act, most of the time. They did try to give him a main event push at one point, likely because he was getting strong fan reactions, but that was over once he put on a complete stinker of a Title match against Suwama in the main event of one of All Japan's biggest shows of the year.

That being said, now that half the All Japan roster left KENSO might very well get another shot at being a top guy in AJPW.

• Paid Members
Bull Buchanan was terrible, always thought Mideon sucked too.

I always enjoyed Tex Slazenger and Shanghai Pearce to be honest, not so much the Godwinns. There are many worse than poor Phineas though.

Can't remember Virgil ever having a good match without being carried right through it (DiBiase at Summerslam 91 springs to mind).

• Paid Members

Just to follow up on the KENSO chatter, today All Japan ran their first card since the talent exodus, with a five match card featuring their severely depleted roster and a couple of guests/freelancers at Korakuen Hall. In the semi-main event it took Jun Akiyama 15 minutes to beat the somewhat comedic midcard act. Dark days are coming back.

As an aside, in the main event, they put on a best-of-three-falls non-title match between two of their remaining 3 decent main eventers (Akiyama being the other) in which Go Shiozaki beat Suwama two falls to one in about 35 minutes. I find that a bit baffling, because when they fight for the belts (and Shiozaki is the next challenger) then unless they do it in Osaka or Fukuoka or somewhere, all the Tokyo natives might not bother thinking a) I've already seen it recently and b) it might not top that 3 falls match.

Can't remember Virgil ever having a good match without being carried right through it (DiBiase at Summerslam 91 springs to mind).

At least he had some good matches. There are a few mentioned in this thread that never.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not going to lie, I was too. What's not appealing about 4 massive oafs (albeit two of which are good) slogging about in the ring?! The Harris Brothers were unsurprisingly terrible. Can't remember which one it was, but he gave Kane the sloppiest, worst-looking and one of the most dangerous piledrivers I've ever seen.

Aksana is just terrible. One of the worst divas in years and that's saying something

I remember Bragging Rights 2010 where it was Goldust Vs Ted DiBiase (which was a very good little feud) and Aksana was fighting with someone and kept no selling the beating to pull her skirt down. It just annoyed me abit for two reasons it looked shit and I wouldn't have minded a peak up her skirt.

Archived