Who are worse than The Harris Bros?

PowerButchi

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what is it, but I have a fascination for massive useless guys like the Harris Brothers or Khali or Zeus. Yeah, their wrestling is atrocious, but they still look like proper wrestlers. They beat the shite out of people and look like they would do it outside the ring too.

So even though they are absolute dogshit at the art of wrestling, I'm always going to be a mark for 7 foot immobile monsters or big bad bald bikers whose idea of technical wrestling is using a left hand instead of a right.

Mr. Anderson is the absolute worst current day wrestler. Christ, he got rid of his only likeable trait (the fact his entrance had crowd participation) and has no reason to be employed. Anderson had one good match against Angle in the cage and has been coasting on it ever since.

I'll go ahead and say that Mr. Anderson is worse than the Harris Brothers.

Bagwell and Scorpio were decent value.

Welcome to the UKFF pitseleh

Watched the video, thoughts on it

Body of work is based on one match (umaga, which admittedly is a very good match) so one match out of 10 years, thats great

Selling - according to the video he sells really well (shows example against Rey where he sells a leg injury by standing up out of an STF, lets examine the evidence from other matches

Recovering from a DDT on the concrete and pinning people in 72 seconds? top sell job

Been driven through a lighting rig by Ryback after a 15 min last man standing match yet doesnt need an ambulance? top sell job

Loses to punk at MITB then gives his "farewell" speech showing no signs of been out of breath or fatigued after such a long physical match

didnt show those did they?

How many times does he get "injured" in the run up to a match (such as ligament damage) then shows no effects of it as he runs to the ring

Highspots - Leg drop to the back of the head

cue video of him hitting Rock on the back nowehere near the head

Yeah. Those things you mentioned have nothing to do with selling. That's called booking.

And what do highspots have to do with how good someone is as a professional wrestler or not? Going by tha at shitload of some of the all time best would be "shit" as well.

Also, his body of work is far more than one match against Umaga. He also dragged someone approaching the good from Bobby Lashley.

So if a guy gets driven head first into concrete the casual fan is supposed to believe that he can get up fresh as a daisy and eliminate 2 guys showing discernable injury? It may be the match layout but to not even show effect of it is down to the wrestler unless you envisage the booker saying "John, dont worry about it, you jump up straight away and the fans will still buy it"

I wasnt the one who raised highspots, it was a response to pitseleh's comment that i shoudl watch the video he linked to where "the guy on it sums it up a lot better than i ever could". Trouble is the guy on there used highspots as one of the criteria. to judge against so i replied to that.

Again, the Umaga match was the only one the guy on the vid (which i was replying to) demonstrated. it wasnt my opinion on all of his matches it was the youtube person.

• Paid Members
So if a guy gets driven head first into concrete the casual fan is supposed to believe that he can get up fresh as a daisy and eliminate 2 guys showing discernable injury?

Well yes. Because its fake. Its what separates the stars from people like Santino.

Anyway a road agent told him to do that. How is he to blame? He isn't the booker. The Nexus were meant to lose in that fashion.

I don't know what is it, but I have a fascination for massive useless guys like the Harris Brothers or Khali or Zeus. Yeah, their wrestling is atrocious, but they still look like proper wrestlers. They beat the shite out of people and look like they would do it outside the ring too.

Me too, which is why Matt Morgan is worse than Heavy D, because I bought Heavy D as a hard bastard, but Morgan has never been of any interest or threat.

Andre - fat, immobile

Hogan - couldn't wrestle, only 5 moves

Austin - would have been a bigger star if only he's not got injured

Cena - limited moveset, can't sell

Dusty - fat, lisp

Flair - lisp, looked like an old man

Rock - bitch tits

It's a pity most fans aren't as discerning as sheffbag, wrestling would have been much better without that list of shitearses on top

Andre - Freak attraction but had charisma and was enteraining, not always fat and immobile and built his reuptation when he could move

Hogan - Could wrestle judging by his matches in Japan, knew he didnt need to in order to get over in the states but even as champ if youve seen one hogan match then youve probably seen 70% of them. He coudl make you believe and got lumps like Bundy over.

Austin - Never said he wouldn't be a bigger star, i was responding to the comment where somebody said i must have thought he was shit, except i never agreed with them, i merely said that he was a hell of a worker before he did his neck in and changed his style after.

Cena - Just dont like him, thats my opinion, obviously the majority of UKFF dont agree with it and thats your opinion but to reduce yourselves to name calling and insults is just keyboard warrioring at its worse. I dont think i've hurled insults at anyone or called anyone names but if it makes you feel better trying to put another persons opinion down by insulting them feel free.

Dusty - Again charasmatic, could sell, work and make you believe in him. With Cena you are just waiting for the superman comeback, AA, pin

Flair - Yeah Flair couldnt work could he? What would you rather watch Flair vs Steamboat or Cena vs Nexus?

Rock - Massive charasmatic, smooth worker, again coudl make you believe in it.

Wrestling is all about suspension of belief, all the above bar Cena gave you that and i enjoy watching them. I just dont like Cena, call me whatever names you like or call me an idiot, thats your opinion but i sure as hell will give my opinion and as long as you are polite i will respect yours. Swearing and insulting behind a keyboard to belittle someones opinion is just childish.

Back on topic though, would i rather watch a Cena match or the Harris brothers? Cena most of the time but that would be more for his opponent it doesnt mean i think he's good. If i was given the choice of Cena vs Laurenitis or Cena vs Kennedy or Harris Brothers vs The Steiners then i woudl watch the Steiners, The fact the Harris brothers were the opponents would be immaterial.

I'd watch a Steiners vs Harris Brothers match. We need a Harris Brothers UK Tour. Harris Brothers vs The Henchmen!

Have 'em as the Harris Bros in the opener, Creative Control after the break, DOA in the Rumble. Cost effectiveness~

Sheffbag, you are completely missing the point. This is a thread about wrestlers worse than the Harris Brothers. While you may not think Cena is as great as me and a lot of other posters think he is, how is he worse than Don Harris? I don't think Don Harris could of carried Khali to a decent match. You're also making it seem like all of Cena's great matches feature very little input from Cena himself. We wouldn't be talking about CM Punk vs John Cena from Money in the Bank 2011 in the same high regard if you replaced Cena with Ron Harris, would we?

• Paid Members
Austin - Never said he wouldn't be a bigger star, i was responding to the comment where somebody said i must have thought he was shit, except i never agreed with them, i merely said that he was a hell of a worker before he did his neck in and changed his style after.

While evading the point. You said Cena "only has four moves" as though that matters. Steve Austin post-surgery is proof that it doesn't. All there is to being a great wrestler, whether you do it like Hulk Hogan does or like Hiroshi Tanahashi does, is getting people excited and getting them to make noise.

We wouldn't be talking about CM Punk vs John Cena from Money in the Bank 2011 in the same high regard if you replaced Cena with Ron Harris, would we?

Punk, maybe.

I'd watch a Steiners vs Harris Brothers match. We need a Harris Brothers UK Tour. Harris Brothers vs The Henchmen!

Have 'em as the Harris Bros in the opener, Creative Control after the break, DOA in the Rumble. Cost effectiveness~

Don't forget putting them in there as the Blu Brothers (with Uncle Zeb!) at some point too, or indeed the Bruise Brothers (under which I thought they were actually pretty good in the chaotic all over the building brawls in 1996 ECW).

• Paid Members

I’d have them don (no pun intended) wigs and reprise their Blus Brothers gimmick for the Rumble.

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it by jm29195!

Archived