Who are worse than The Harris Bros?

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Now, I'm of the opinion that it doesn't get much worse than Ron and Don wrestling wise, but this match between Jim Powers and Sex Offender Hardbody Harrison is shocking, and it's all Hardbody's fault. I thought Hardwork Bobby Walker was shocking, but this needs to be seen to be believed. Especially the closing minute or so.

When Louis Theroux went to the Power Plant in 99 and Harrison still couldn't cut a promo he'd already been there 4-5 years. Worse than a Harris Brother.

So who else is worse than a Harris Brother (or cousin Brian Lee)?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

At least Ron Reis made some money in NJPW as Big Bomb Jones, fucking awful as he was. Got to beat that fat baby Elvis looking motherfucker Hashimoto too. The only money Hardbody made was pimping out his ladies before knocking the fuck out of them and tying them up in his cellar again.

Christ, that was a bad match.

Erik Watts was pretty fucking dire. He was pushed pretty hard in TNA back in the early days, but was just terrible. I recall a blow-off match between him and Don Callis that absolutely stank. Was he any good in Tekno Team 2000? I presume not.

I didn't think Eric Watts was that bad by the time he got to TNA, compared to WCW in 1992. He wasn't good either mind you.

Worse than Th Harris boys, I'd have to pick The Equalizer / Dave/Evad Sullivan. That man was utterly hopeless. I cannot think of a single good (or even passable) match he was involved in throughout his entire run.

Honourable mentions on this topic have to go to Steve McMichael and Dino Bravo.

Thunder's pretty dire. You can pretty much just look up any match featuring him to see what I mean. Thunder's a big (by lucha standards) ripped Australian bloke with no basics at all. Naturally CMLL have booked him near the top of the card and Thunder's doing sentons and high flying stuff rather than more power moves. He's genuinely clueless. The other week he had a rudo on the top ropes and chopped him a few times, said rudo lost his balance and tried to stop himself from tumbling to the floor so Thunder just kept chopping the guy until his own team mate wondered over and told him "hey mate, you know we're not really tryna hurt each other hear so urrgh, you know, maybe stop chopping him" and Thunder finally stopped. I'm not sure Thunder had more than a month of training before he started.

• Paid Members
Christ, that was a bad match.

Erik Watts was pretty fucking dire. He was pushed pretty hard in TNA back in the early days, but was just terrible. I recall a blow-off match between him and Don Callis that absolutely stank. Was he any good in Tekno Team 2000? I presume not.

No, he was shit. He had a good match against Regal on WCW Saturday Night for the World TV Title in the mid-90s, but so was everyone else who wrestled Regal at that time.

Cornette had good things to say about him on his Timeline shoot, said he was a really nice bloke who was pretty popular but he reckoned Watts was pushed into it by his dad and didn't really have the heart for wrestling.

I'm going to throw Matt Morgan in here.

Some wrestlers are so shit it's almost compelling to watch - Great Khali for example. There's some entertainment to be had.

Matt Morgan is like the wrestling equivalent of a black hole. He sucks heat out of any match, angle or feud he's in. You can tell than in his head he's trying to portray himself as a Kurt Angle or a HHH, a "smart" wrestler, but he has nothing to back it up. Nothing.

I can't count the times that Morgan's managed to make great wrestlers have dull matches. He's big, so his opponents have to chop him down, as it were, but he's terrible at selling that. Then when he goes on offence he tries to wrestle like a normal heavyweight, which looks ridiculous when you're that big. He has no aura about him, he looks like a CAW wrestler that you've sized up to 200%.

His big boot is shit, he does fucking through-the-ropes moves. He can't even seem to run the ropes properly, though the fact he's running the ropes at all is a mystery. You're not X Pac.

If he'd had any sense, when Nash was in TNA he's have asked Big Sexy how to work like a big man. But he didn't. Good riddance to him. God he makes me mad.

Archived