Who are worse than The Harris Bros?

PowerButchi

Q: what is good about Cena's wrestling?

A: he's successful, makes money, he makes merch money, but in the ring he has 4 moves.

Actually there's one answer above all others that's simple to explain but, as this period of wrestling has shown, really fucking difficult to achieve, when Cena's on people care. There's been very few people over the past period that that's been true about. He's able to take the most nuanced, evolved and in depth character in wrestling today and yet as soon as he comes out, even if its the first time you're seeing him, you give a shit. The truth is Cena could probably do four moves in a match, ten moves, twenty, or a hundred, but he's often smarter than that, he does exactly what he needs to do. Sure you could point him out for not being able to executre a perfect STF or something, but then picking on something relatively tiny compared to his timing, his selling, his ability to create drama, his story telling, his exceptional character work, all of which are harder and require far more talent, would be more damning of the critic than the performer.

It all depends on how you measure a wrestler's worth I suppose. I don't watch much 'E now due to a variety of reasons but to me, and for a long time, Cena's been the measuring stick.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

If Sheffbag actually believes John Cena is worse than Ron or Don Harris he can't be taken seriously ever again. There's next to sod all wrong with Cena, his PPV main events have proven to be crackers again and again.

• Paid Members

If Sheffbag actually believes John Cena is worse than Ron or Don Harris he can't be taken seriously ever again. There's next to sod all wrong with Cena, his PPV main events have proven to be crackers again and again.

Yeah but those Mamalukes/Harris matches Butch. Owwf!!!

Otunga? Or that other guy from the original NXT... Tarver?

Cena, easy target but based on his position shouldnt the guy be able to sell or even throw a punch properly

I joined this forum to get away from people posting tripe like this.

Anyways, I can't believe people still think Cena's awful after all these years and all the great performances he has put on. Watch

for 5 minutes and try and argue against that. I hate to use someone's video to get my point across, but this guy sums it up better in a few minutes than I could of done.

• Paid Members
nikko.jpg

Who is this?

Nikko Brixton, who was, in my opinion, the shitarse of all shitarses. I've seen plenty of inept wrestlers, but they've generally all had something about them. Compare to the Harris Brothers - they were shite, granted, but they were big, hard looking lads, and could deliver power moves. Some of the flippy shites that don't have a clue about match structure, realism, or selling still have the flippy factor. Plenty of low-level shitarses have some sort of hardness aura, or can do something. Nikko Brixton couldn't do anything, and if he could, he never showed it. The only times I ever enjoyed him were when he was shouting out really stupid catchphrases, when Zack Sabre Jr. looked like he'd caved his head in with a kick in turning "heel" (as if someone could turn heel in not making the save for Brixton), and when Mark Sloan wrestled around him to cover for a late arriving Devilman in Sittingbourne.

• Paid Members
Most of the names mentioned on this thread are mid card at best but this guy has been multiple times champion because he makes merch money but in the ring he has 4 moves, 3 of which he sucks at and couldnt sell a deckchair at the beach.

You must have thought Steve Austin was shit too then.

Welcome to the UKFF pitseleh

Watched the video, thoughts on it

Body of work is based on one match (umaga, which admittedly is a very good match) so one match out of 10 years, thats great

Selling - according to the video he sells really well (shows example against Rey where he sells a leg injury by standing up out of an STF, lets examine the evidence from other matches

Recovering from a DDT on the concrete and pinning people in 72 seconds? top sell job

Been driven through a lighting rig by Ryback after a 15 min last man standing match yet doesnt need an ambulance? top sell job

Loses to punk at MITB then gives his "farewell" speech showing no signs of been out of breath or fatigued after such a long physical match

didnt show those did they?

How many times does he get "injured" in the run up to a match (such as ligament damage) then shows no effects of it as he runs to the ring

Highspots - Leg drop to the back of the head

cue video of him hitting Rock on the back nowehere near the head

Guy on video admits that he doesnt have many moves and he doesnt perform some of them well, so if he doesnt have many holds and doesnt do them well then that hardly qualifies him as a great does it

Structuring

So the guy in the video thinks that Cena constructs a match better than the best in Japan? Doesnt offer any evidence but hes entitled to his opinion

Crowd interaction - I'll give this, he does connect with the crowd well but its mainly because the crowd give him abuse.

The guy on the video quotes the match with CM Punk where "he has the smarks in his hand". Would this be the match in Punks hometown where he was certain to get booed out of the building regardless

Conclusion - "Cena is a better worker and wrestler than Shawn "cant act" Michaels. That alone renders any of the previous 16 minutes on the video worthless. Cena at his best is not near Michaels level.

Still stand by my view Cena, for the position he is in, is a crap wrestler. Its my opinion same as you guys have yours

• Paid Members

Sheffbag, why take all that time out of your day to write that just to prove how little of a clue you actually have? I'm more interested in your motivation behind trying to prove you are right in a long post, when that post shows you dont seem to have any confidence in your own opinion.

Archived