Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

To be honest, given they only have, what, 14 episodes to wrap this up in? Given that, I feel like they could have made better use of their time in the first episode. Now isn't the time for slow burn.

They moved faster than I thought on Sam in the secret library. In previous series, he would have spent at least 5 episodes looking at the locked gate and not doing anything about it.

I thought the CG boats and castle were pretty poor, but they always save their VFX budget for "the big one" so hey ho.

The actor playing Euron was crap. Didn't capture the essence of unhinged family killer at all.

6/10.

Ed fucking Sheran though.

Hound suddenly seeing into the flames after being a non-believe for so long was a bit random but was his face turn continued with burying those bodies. An enjoyable enough opener.

That floormap of Westeros is going to go to shit once it rains

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

They really couldn't spell it out any clearer, it's the setting of the board for what is to come. Cersei was having the map of Westeros painted on the floor so she could  show us the board. At the end Dany ran her hand along the table map, again showing us the board that was been set. 

Exactly, it was a perfect episode to set the scene for whats ahead and to bring us back in to that world.. and what's ahead looks incredible.

The viewing figures were through the roof, there are plenty of more casual fans who don't follow as closely as geeks like me. You can't just jump in to the shit storm. And if you don't want good story and characters to back up the action you might as well go and watch Transformers.

So, my eyesight is shit and I am currently contactlenseless cos the hospital is shit, but when Dany walked in to the castle at Dragonstone, the throne looked significant as she stood around it for ages and pulled faces etc. What was the throne? I could see it wasn't a regular throne, was it a dragon skull?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, deathrey said:

So, my eyesight is shit and I am currently contactlenseless cos the hospital is shit, but when Dany walked in to the castle at Dragonstone, the throne looked significant as she stood around it for ages and pulled faces etc. What was the throne? I could see it wasn't a regular throne, was it a dragon skull?

What Polish Dad said:

throne.png