Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• 3 months later...

Sorry for this random question in the off-season. Ned was betrayed by Littlefinger in series 1, right? Has this ever been revealed to any of the still-alive Stark family members? Has there already been any payoff from this, or do you think there will be?

• Paid Members

Sorry for this random question in the off-season. Ned was betrayed by Littlefinger in series 1, right? Has this ever been revealed to any of the still-alive Stark family members? Has there already been any payoff from this, or do you think there will be?

Interesting question. You'd think there would be a pay off but everybody involved, bar Cersei and Littlefinger himself, is dead now. The only way they can find out is if Littlefinger lets something slip to Sansa.

Or Tyrion says something. I suppose he wasn't directly involved but he did know about it afterwards.

If you wanna blame anyone for Ned's betrayal then look no further than Sansa, she told Cersei of Neds plans before Littlefinger was involved.

Nah. Ned himself is really to blame. Every decision he made was honourable, but wrong. He couldn't stand the idea that Robert would kill Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella, so he warned Cersei that he was going to tell Robert, giving her a chance to kill him. He turned down Renly's offer of support, and he put Littlefinger in a position where he'd lose everything if he backed Ned. He made his own death pretty much inevitable.

Edited by unfitfinlay

• Paid Members

Does Tyrion know? I can't remember if he was in Kingsland at the time, and even if he was he may not be party to it, he and Cersei were hardly besties.

It happened, I think, when he was on his way back from the Vale. He became Hand of the King after that though, and I can't see why Cersei, or Littlefinger would keep it a secret from him. The entire reason Littlefinger did it was so he could go "See how loyal I am? Eh? Eh?"

Oh, and he mentioned Janos Slynt being "bought" when he sent him to the Wall. I can't imagine he knew that but didn't know who did the bribing.

https://youtu.be/z0VXYz7cjGE

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...