Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

King Joffery was killed off way too soon for me. He was my favourite character just because he was so hate worthy. Also only realised he made a short appearance in Batman Begins!

17226_638301552865968_1242312725_n.jpg?o

• Paid Members

I don't know about anyone getting killed off too soon. That is part of the show. No one is safe. At that point Joffrey is just coming to the point of coming fully to power, anyone who thinks they have control of him will undoubtedly meet a terrible end, as a viewer you know already what sort of king he will be. You don't need to see it, you've already imagined it, and to have him struck down at that point is pretty close to perfection.

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands

• Paid Members

Jon Snow gets invited to a dinner party! (I love Jon Snow a bit too much for a straight guy... Well alleged straight guy.)

There is no shame in this admittance. I'd have turned for the King In The North, personally. No bridges required.

I have not read the books as I wouldn't have time and quite frankly it doesn't appeal to me that much considering the Show is great.

However, I don't give a shit about spoilers, never have and it doesn't bother me when stuff gets spoilt as I can enjoy it all the same. (Though I would never spoil anything for others, even if I don't care about something, I know others may do.)

With that said, I started going on like a Wikipedia type place of all the characters. As I like to watch the show and have background on the characters to fill it in. Sort of a nice way for it to go hand in hand with the show. Especially if I don't really understand things within the show (Ramsay Snow being an example).

I then delved deeper and deeper, going through every character and reading everything. Then watching YouTube videos like Redteamreview and EmergencyAwesome (the latter of which I really enjoy) and man does it add to the experience I find.

I've been re-watching all the seasons again in preparations and I feel like I completely understand it all now.

There are really cool HBO videos which detail the houses, history and lore narrated by the actual actors in the show on YouTube. Completely spoiler free and work so well to give you an understanding and background of everything.

(Search for game of thrones history and lore, there is like a 2 hour history of houses and then some season four ones about lore of game of thrones.)

This is the season 4 one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=SKahi3qZuZw

Don't worry, no spoilers in these. They just give the history and lore of season 4.

Anyway, I am more excited about this show than I ever have been about a season of tv. Only a few days left to wait!

Jon Snow gets invited to a dinner party! (I love Jon Snow a bit too much for a straight guy... Well alleged straight guy.)

There is no shame in this admittance. I'd have turned for the King In The North, personally. No bridges required.
Yeah, both are totes gorg! Without sounding like the most conceited person on earth I have actually had compliments to the beat of "you look like Jon Snow" needless to say it made my day/week/life. I don't, I'm not that delusional, still I bring it up any chance I can get!

(I'm very well aware that paragraph makes me sound like a massive douchebag.)

• Paid Members

Never realised at the time (mainly because it hadn't been filmed yet) but here's me in Quarth (just under the Tomb of Undying) looking out at King's Landing:

dubrovnik0171.jpg

Looking out at the Red Keep:

dubrovnik0065.jpg