8/4/13 Raw discussion *pre show spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

I completely understand why Cena is the top man, I also get the fact that WWE gave Punk the ball and told him to run with it, he just couldn`t keep up with Cena.

My major gripe with WWE and Cena, and has been for a number of years, is the character itself, it`s stood still, it`s hasn`t evolved at all in years.

He`s the same never give up, overcome the odds, smiling, white meat babyface he was in 2005, the only difference is he wears his own merchandise now instead of the local sports franchise.

8 solid years of the same character starts to wear thin after a while.

So you liked the first seven years of Cena's run at the top, then? Because a lot of the people who pretend they just think he's stale/been on top too long have been crying about him for one reason or another since about 2006, and are no better than the "PG SUX" idiots who pretend to forget they hated wrestling for six or seven years before it even went PG.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was fun live, but not as great as last year's.

Interesting crowd, but it did get a bit silly after a while.

Agreed, amazing to be there but last year I felt was on another level, the yes chants and pop for Lesnar in 2012 was probably the best atmosphere I've experienced as a fan. To be honest, I thought the random chants were getting a bit much during Orton/Sheamus & at one point I thought if it carried on it it would kill the whole show, I wouldn't want to see this happening every week. It was an incredible show to be a part of though, to the point Raw after Mania is more of a must attend event than Mania itself. I'm still in NJ, fly back tonight & will be watching Raw again tomorrow.

The whole Fandango thing was brilliant, the fact I was still singing this in a locals bar at 3am in god knows where in New Jersey with a few randoms & The Dart's mate (can't remember his name again) shows what a mad night it was. Shame we got kicked out of the lock in due to the arrival of the local rozzers. Fandango theme tune was even being sung in Hard Rock in Times Square last night!

• Paid Members
I'm sure Orton stopped mid promo and walked over to Sheamus and asked what his line was?

He did indeed.

Aye, I noticed that too. He spluttered his line leading up to it. Shit happens. The crowds belting vibe for everything but his presence probs didn't help his focus.

I'm sure Orton stopped mid promo and walked over to Sheamus and asked what his line was?

He did indeed.

Aye, I noticed that too. He spluttered his line leading up to it. Shit happens. The crowds belting vibe for everything but his presence probs didn't help his focus.

What an excuse. He's a former world champion calibre wrestler. Did he forget the story he's been involved in the last few weeks? Just make something up, it's not hard.

• Paid Members

He did indeed.

What an excuse. He's a former world champion calibre wrestler. Did he forget the story he's been involved in the last few weeks? Just make something up, it's not hard.

I don't disagree

• Paid Members

I dont think its an excuse. I just dont think he cares. He's unmotivated and like a lot of wrestlers who know they cant be fired or dont mind if they are sacked, he lets you know it. I remember when a pissed up Hall kept making Nash laugh the Thunder after the nWo 2000 formed. They were told not to do a survey, not to do the "2 Sweet" shite and to act like heels so Goldberg wouldn't get booed. Halfway through, after one joke to many Nash just took the mic away from his mouth and started giggling. If you are a millionaire who's job is secure and you hate your role, you tend to get bad attitudes.

The Nash thing comes in around 10:10.

I completely understand why Cena is the top man, I also get the fact that WWE gave Punk the ball and told him to run with it, he just couldn`t keep up with Cena.

My major gripe with WWE and Cena, and has been for a number of years, is the character itself, it`s stood still, it`s hasn`t evolved at all in years.

He`s the same never give up, overcome the odds, smiling, white meat babyface he was in 2005, the only difference is he wears his own merchandise now instead of the local sports franchise.

8 solid years of the same character starts to wear thin after a while.

So you liked the first seven years of Cena's run at the top, then? Because a lot of the people who pretend they just think he's stale/been on top too long have been crying about him for one reason or another since about 2006, and are no better than the "PG SUX" idiots who pretend to forget they hated wrestling for six or seven years before it even went PG.

Ok, Sorry I haven`t replied to this, I don`t come on here all that often.

For what it`s worth,(which is sod all I know), yeah I was a big fan of Cena when he first really broke through into the main event. I was delighted when he was switched to Raw and after slowish start (where he was midcarding a lot against Jericho) I got really into his feud with Angle. I may be wrong but it`s about that time the boos started to become more frequent.

I gained enormous respect for him the way he handled himself at the ECW PPV in 2006 and thought his feud with Edge was one of the best feuds the WWE have ever done.

In 2007 he had some tremendous matches with Umaga and I thought his partnership/feud with HBK was great as well.

Screamed like a baby when his music hit at Rumble 08 and continued to support him throughout the year.

Not really sure when I became a bit ambivalent to him, I wasn`t really into his feud with Batista and the Orton stuff bored me to tears.

Nowadays, whilst I respect the work he puts in and what he brings to the company, personally, I just want to see something diferent from him. His character hasn`t changed in years and I`m bored of it.

The more I watch it, the more I think the Ziggler cash-in was absolutely perfect. They kept Del Rio down long enough, showing replays for you to think, "Oh no chance now." Then the time the referee took to ring the bell made me think it was another fake cash-in from him. When Del Rio locked in the armbar, I thought and the fans in the arena looked to think that they were gonna have him lose which made them go even more crazy when he won.

• Paid Members
The more I watch it, the more I think the Ziggler cash-in was absolutely perfect. They kept Del Rio down long enough, showing replays for you to think, "Oh no chance now." Then the time the referee took to ring the bell made me think it was another fake cash-in from him. When Del Rio locked in the armbar, I thought and the fans in the arena looked to think that they were gonna have him lose which made them go even more crazy when he won.

Won't deny it was a good moment, but Dolph Ziggler's supposed to be a heel isn't he? I'm not so sure myself anymore, because if he is, he's a shite one. Maybe he'll be turned properly now, but there's something far from 'perfect' about a heel stealing the WWE title from an injured babyface and getting a massive pop for it.

I've never been impressed with the way Ziggler panders to the crowd and seems so desperate to come across as a cool heel. If he's a heel, he's supposed to work hard to make the crowd hate him. He doesn't do that and hasn't for ages. If he's supposed to be cool, turn him face for fuck's sake. Let the people cheers for him for the right reasons.

That crowds not a great gauge, though, because they were a typical 'smart' crowd. Also, in that situation, I thought if more than anything it was more of a damning indictment of ADRs face character.

Though I'd say generally, he gets a heel reaction but with pockets of 'fans'.

It'd be a shame to turn him right now, because I think he'd have to dial down the 'show off' side of his character and it suits him so well.

Archived