8/4/13 Raw discussion *pre show spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They really wouldn't. Those types of fans are the easiest to work. If he comes out and buries them every week, there's no way they'd cheer him. John Cena haters (not the ones who have the opinion that they dislike his act, but the goons who go to the arenas and chant 'You Cant Wrestle') aren't very self aware anyway. They were chanting "You Cant Wrestle" at him during that five star match he had with CM Punk a while back. The fact people hate John Cena so passionately shows how easy it is to drag them into it.

I personally don't get that people would suddenly cheer for Cena because he turned heel. If this was 2006, yeah, probably. But he's been booed for a good 8 years now. The people that hate him dont hate him because of his gimmick anymore. They just cant stand him. But if he ended Undertaker's streak by cheating, I'm almost certain someone would jump the barrier. They'd be fucking PISSED.

I think it's a huge disservice to Cena to presume that he couldn't be a great heel and make that work. He's got all the ammunition in the world to be a total cunt to the fans that have been giving him grief for so long, and his younger fans would be easily turned simply because of their age.

It's the length of time and omnipresence of his cheesy Face character that lots of people can't stand, shake that off and change things up and I think even the hardcore fans will be more forgiving.

this weeks smackdown spoilers (fandango)

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

* Fandango comes out next. Many fans are singing his theme song again but not nearly as many as RAW. Fandango stays at ringside to watch tonight's main event.

they do it again later on

• Paid Members

I've watched that Ziggler win back a few times. What a perfect Wrestling moment that was. I loved how they kinda teased the crowd with a Bryan/Ziggler match at the beginning when they played his music, only for Big E to walk out. Little things like that helped whip the crowd to a frenzy when he eventually walked out with the briefcase.

Also for all the moaning about when he would cash in, they couldn't have done it at a better time. The reaction he got after the 3 count was insane. The kind of thing that can make a guy.

Fantastic stuff.

• Paid Members

Why the fuck didn't they just have Ziggler cash in at Wrestlemania? What an absolute waste.

Enjoyed the Fandango stuff and some of the crowd stuff but some of it was crap. That said, I loved the way the commentators sold it and didn't try to hush it up as they do with some crowd stuff. I guess they didn't have a choice because it was so loud.

They'll be in Bumfuck, Alabama next week and you won't hear so much as a yokel fart.

• Paid Members
I think it's a huge disservice to Cena to presume that he couldn't be a great heel and make that work. He's got all the ammunition in the world to be a total cunt to the fans that have been giving him grief for so long, and his younger fans would be easily turned simply because of their age.

It's the length of time and omnipresence of his cheesy Face character that lots of people can't stand, shake that off and change things up and I think even the hardcore fans will be more forgiving.

Don't get me wrong, I personally believe he would be a great heel in terms of his ability to pull it off. I can't help but think there would be chunks of the crowd that would cheer him, because its obviously cool to do so. That could then generate momentum. No matter how much he has improved over the years, won some of us over etc, some fans will play their game. If that's how they get a kick from wrestling, fair enough.

I still believe that 'much' of the 'hatred' is fashionable due to his gimmick. Of course there are some proper cranks out there who claim they do hate him and they won't change, move out of their nans house, nor make a healthy decision.

All of that aside, I'd still prefer him to be booed as a face. Rather than a completely silent arena.

Regarding the fans on Monday, it was a fun atmosphere. Will it be a one off like previously, could that energy carry on, and if it did, would it become stale and forced?

Hearing chants for savage during a random match was very amusing, but if its the kind of thing that could happen next week and thereafter, it could become old very quickly.

I have no issues whatsoever with fandango humming, if that carries on, it will be interesting to see what they do with him. He's fresh and new and the Monday night fans have possibly given him an edge at this early stage.

Why the fuck didn't they just have Ziggler cash in at Wrestlemania? What an absolute waste.

After Wrestlemania finished I thought it was a pretty good PPV overall and very much enjoyed it but that was the one thing annoying me, I so wanted to see Ziggler get his Wrestlemania moment and cash in winning the Title. I'm so glad it worked this way though.

Thinking about it yeah Ziggler winning the Title would be a pretty big thing but it would have been overshadowed by other things on there such as Cena winning the Title, Taker going 21-0, Triple H defeating Brock. He would have had to have shared the spotlight with all of those guys, plus a lot of people were expecting him to cash in at Wrestlemania and the surprise of him doing it on Raw was much better. Also the crowd there was not a patch on the crowd at Raw, that Raw crowd was immense and just for that reaction alone I am glad they kept it until Raw (even though I know they could have never predicted the crowd would be that good). And really for Wrestlemania it was good that they had Del Rio get his win over Swagger, then get to celebrate after all of the build up there has been with Swagger and Zeb putting him down it did feel like a nice moment.

It gave people a day to soak in Wrestlemania, talk about it, get all of their views, opinions an excitement out and then a day later that happens and a whole new lot of excitment begins.

I find it interesting that Ryback has been the go to guy twice now when plans have been fucked up. I didn't mind when they didn't pull the trigger with Punk, as The Shield pissing him off gave him a focus. That fued gave him a bit more depth and a reason to cheer for him other than being badass. But they can't keep dangling the carrot in front of him and watching him fail. If they want Ryback as a serious name they can't let him fuck up again, if he kills Henry and Cena they got a star they could make a lot of money from

• Paid Members

Dolph Ziggler must be the worst heel in the world though. It kind of bothers me that everyone talks about the massive pop for his win. You should be getting major heat for robbing an injured babyface champion of the title in such a manner. Especially when you're a loser who looks at the lights more often than anyone else on TV. Of course, with the crowd they had in on Monday night, that was never going to happen, but Dolph hasn't been getting heel reactions for ages. His ring style is better suited to being a face too, hopefully this is the start of a proper turn for him. I hate his act as it is, with him as a false heel.

- Predicted Ziggler to cash in on Raw during Mania. Also got 6/8 in predictions for Mania. Ryback and Ziggy & Big E let me down.

- Ryback doesn't seem to have turned heel. He wouldn't be doing 'Feed Me More' if he had. He'll be a good alternative face - a kick arse face.

- Cena kicking Taker in the bollocks before an AA at WM30 would be good, but the riskiest heel turn they could do.

I actually like the cash-in occurring on Raw because it achieved a few things, firstly Swagger still has heat again despite the clean loss at Wrestlemania as now He not only injured Del Rio but cost him the title per se, Del Rio doesn't look bad in dropping the title that way as He tried to gut it out and nearly pulled off the win and then can still go on with Swagger as He now has revenge on his mind, whereas if the cash-in didn't happen there was no real need for another singles match and finally Ziggler cashing in was good for him as he truly looked like a star for the first time in a long while.

• Paid Members

Swagger wouldn't have heat if you deep-fat fried him. I wish he'd fuck off, never to be seen again and that they would just bring back Kurt Angle already. He must be done arseing around in TNA now, surely?

Swagger wouldn't have heat if you deep-fat fried him. I wish he'd fuck off, never to be seen again and that they would just bring back Kurt Angle already. He must be done arseing around in TNA now, surely?

True, I suppose I meant it gives another reason in WWE world for them to face off again

Archived