8/4/13 Raw discussion *pre show spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

Crowd must've been good to watch but it was very annoying to be sat in, sure there were a lot of funny bits but there were fuckloads of wannabe funnymen who were annoying. Worse than that, there was some tosser in my section - 120, must've been row 5 and probably seated in the early tens - who had a CHELSEA England flag and was clearly at least half cut who wouldn't sit down, was sat with five or six smarks who were being tossers, kept spontaneously chanting 'ENG-ER-LAND' and at one point had a shouting match with a guy two rows behind who had simply asked him to sit down so we could see the match, culminating in him shouting 'fuck you' several times in a full-on football hooligan mode.

Ziggler was well over and it's good that he won on this show. Not sure where they're going with the Ryback thing, the show itself felt a bit 'autopilot' but the crowd certainly played its part.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind buggering stuff, people were singing Fan...Dan... Go's... music all the way out of the arena. Turns out it was Brendon Burns that kickstarted the singing.

There was also a glorious moment off camera. After Team Hell No made the save for 'Taker they all walked back up the ramp side by side, paused and then the three of them did the Brothers Of Destruction arm raise. Brilliant.

I was on my feet when Ziggler cashed in. EVERYONE was on their feet.

I thought the crowd were on the reasonable side of "bouncy" up until Ziggler cashed in. Then they were completely buzzed for the rest of the night and it was a joy to behold. Hopefully they'll actually pull their fingers out a bit and make Ziggler into a top guy, as opposed to him losing 9 times out of 10 as he has for the last year. Was a great moment when he finally won it, the crowd were just amazing at that point.

You could tell there was a heavy English presence when Barrett was getting massively cheered - not that any yanks give a shit about cheering the Miz, mind - but it made the match that much more entertaining and I hope they maybe do a series of title changes between these two, just to mix it up a bit.

My favouritest raw in a long, long time - that crowd were just phenomenal.

Loved the singing to FHAAAAAN-DHAAAAAN-GOOOOO! We have to get that going in London when they tape here!

Ziggler cashing in was great, because he didn't just steal it ala Bryan but had to put a bit of effort into it. Sucks we won't be seeing him at the 02 though now.

Loved th randy savage chant. Did wonder of we'd get a crispen wah chant.

Loved the singing to FHAAAAAN-DHAAAAAN-GOOOOO! We have to get that going in London when they tape here!

Ziggler cashing in was great, because he didn't just steal it ala Bryan but had to put a bit of effort into it. Sucks we won't be seeing him at the 02 though now.

Loved th randy savage chant. Did wonder of we'd get a crispen wah chant.

Do you mean the Raw and Smackdown tapings at the O2? Why wouldn't he be there?

That was a bloody awesome Raw, the crowd reactions had me pissing myself all night, I mean they were chanting for Michael Cole for god's sake. Marked out for Ziggler winning and Ryback destroying Cena, don't think it's a heel turn though, I see it more as him wanting to do what the Shield prevented him from doing against Punk and that's winning the title.

After much debate in the WrestleMania thread yesterday I decided to stay up and watch RAW last night.

I feared the worst when Henry came out to challenge Cena but the Ryback angle does spice that up slightly.

I'm delighted with Fandango getting so over. I liked him straight away and couldn't believe the amount of flack he was getting on message boards. Curtis is a hell of a talent with a great look and charisma. Only being stuck with the name 'Fandango' worried me about his act but it looks like he's going to be just fine. The videos of the crowd chanting his theme are brilliant and surely it will catch on from city to city.

The Ziggler cash in was glaringly obvious for me from the minute Swagger started working Del Rio's knee. Still popped when he came out and the 2 minutes worth of near falls were great before he secured the win. Hopefully this is the start of massive things for him. Just can't see why they didn't allow him this moment at Mania.

Good to see the Shield involved with the Undertaker, more great rub for them but there's only so many 6-man tags these guys can have. Going to have to start thinking of something more interesting for them soon. Maybe have Punk enjoy some time off before returning as the orchestrator of their attacks which could eventually lead to a break out singles fued for one of the guys. Punk vs. Rollins or Ambrose would be great.

Things may eventually be looking up.

Archived