8/4/13 Raw discussion *pre show spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
--There is absolute panic at Raw at this moment. The show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up Rock to set up next year's WrestleMania main event. Rock is not there. The word at the building is he went home. Vince McMahon, the writers and producers are in the process of redoing the show, evidently believing the angle has been nixed. Nobody knows any details as to what happened past that. The belief right now is Rock is not appearing and hopefully if that changes we'll get an update.

--There is a second major angle tonight to set up the main feud going forward and the Extreme Rules main event involving John Cena's next title defense. It is one of the things that has been planned for some time and was actually scheduled before Mania.

Sounds a bit mad.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The preview for RAW sounds like one not to miss...

WWE is focusing on the following points for tonight:

* Anything can happen the day after WrestleMania

* Is Fandango a flash in the pan?

* Is The Miz poised to take 2013 by storm?

* Does Triple H have aspirations that go beyond the board room for 2013?

* John Cena returns as WWE Champion

Worrying times for WWE. I wonder if this was merely a mix up or if there's more too it. If this Raw can be at least half as good as last years the night after Mania it could be a good show. I get the feeling we might get a return or 2 tonight as well. RVD anyone?

--There is absolute panic at Raw at this moment. The show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up Rock to set up next year's WrestleMania main event. Rock is not there. The word at the building is he went home. Vince McMahon, the writers and producers are in the process of redoing the show, evidently believing the angle has been nixed. Nobody knows any details as to what happened past that. The belief right now is Rock is not appearing and hopefully if that changes we'll get an update.

--There is a second major angle tonight to set up the main feud going forward and the Extreme Rules main event involving John Cena's next title defense. It is one of the things that has been planned for some time and was actually scheduled before Mania.

Sounds a bit mad.

It definitely does, why would they book it if The Rock has already agreed to it. The only reason that comes to mind is that he has some sort of emergency. He doesn't seem a type of guy to just get up and leave.

Hmm that sounds odd. Rock doesn't seem the sort that would just leave if he knew he was scheduled. Think there's going to be a lot more to come on this.

Akin to Austin taking his ball and going home or did WWE think he was going to be there when he never officially was. Mental, this is the sort of thing you could imagine happening in TNA but not WWE

Interested in that Cena bit.tho, returning star maybe? If it was planned for last night it must be someone kinda big to consider it ending Mania (I assume the person would have attacked Cena at the end) guess this might change aswell now though.

If I was The Rock, I'd be embarassed to show my face after that main event last night.

All jokes aside, this doesn't sound like him, but who knows. Funny that the same thing happened 10 years ago with Stone Cold and Brock!

I'm also firmly behind RVD returning tonight... T think it will happen, but where would he fit in?

Hmm that sounds odd. Rock doesn't seem the sort that would just leave if he knew he was scheduled. Think there's going to be a lot more to come on this.

Akin to Austin taking his ball and going home or did WWE think he was going to be there when he never officially was. Mental, this is the sort of thing you could imagine happening in TNA but not WWE

Interested in that Cena bit.tho, returning star maybe? If it was planned for last night it must be someone kinda big to consider it ending Mania (I assume the person would have attacked Cena at the end) guess this might change aswell now though.

It says it was scheduled before Mania not for Mania.

• Paid Members

While I like the sound of the original plan and kind of hope they manage to get Rock out there so they can do it, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what they throw together in its place. As long as it's not RVD. You fuckers clearly haven't watched much TNA recently.

• Paid Members
As long as it's not RVD. You fuckers clearly haven't watched much TNA recently.

RVD never fails to get a reaction from the people. Any time he's made returns to WWE in the past the crowd have always popped huge for him. The dude is over. Right now I think they could do with as many people like that as possible.

• Paid Members

Maybe Rock wasn't happy with the way his WrestleMania 30 opponent was beaten in less than star protecting fashion last night. I'd have probably sold a bollock and three middle toes to see Rock vs Lesnar about 18 months ago, but now Rock doing silly giant baby impressions for a month followed by a steroid filled hamstring tear fest at WrestleMania 30 sounds quite horrendous.

The fact Rock wasn't mentioning WWE unless the interviewer asked about it on all those media appearances he's been doing might paint a picture as to the relationship between WWE and Rock at the minute. Nobody leaves on good terms after all.

Rock/Lesnar would suffer from the same "two part-timers feud then fuck off, why should I invest" problems as HHH/Lesnar for me, last night was a good match I thought and as bigger and better as some of the part-timers are, it still gives a certain feeling of apathy when two of them go head to head.

I dont see why they need to do an angle tonight between two part timers to set up a match a year in advance. The long spaced out story lines have been good, but I don't want to see that become the norm. Having a rough idea is fine, but it can interfere with the current roster and book themselves into corners (kinda like Ryback.) The road to Wrestlemania can start at Royal Rumble, it doesnt need to start the day after the previous Mania

Archived