The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

• Paid Members
The Undertaker has now wrestled in perhaps the best match for the past five Wrestlemanias now.

I'd say six, personally. Edge/Taker from WMXXIV is a stunning match that holds up to repeat viewings, whereas (and I may be in the minority here) the other contender for best match from that show (Flair/Michaels) is one that emotional ending aside, I really didn't rate. On another night Batista/Taker from WMXXIII would have taken the honours too, but Cena/Michaels was breathtaking.

He won his first title and had the big contract then, coming in off all the Olympics stuff.

By "won his first title" do you refer to the European title that Jeff Jarrett gave him and he then lost in his first defence? I wouldn't bother citing that as an example of establishing stardom. Sticking his hand up Sammy's skirt had more to do with making Mark a star than that particular piece of business. He and D'Lo should have had a turn with the tag belts though. Everybody else did.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Undertaker's streak matches would make a good topic for one of those "review my matches" threads.

Although several people would get stuck with duds, there's 21 of them, so there's no reason why people couldn't do a few.

If you fancy starting one, I'd happily contribute a review. There are plenty of Streak matches I wouldn't mind watching again. Also, WrestleManias 27 and 28 are already in the Triple H thread, so that's 2 down, 19 to go before it's even started!

• Paid Members
Personally I thought Batista Vs Taker was the better one from the night and should have Main Evented that year.

Had it main evented though, it likely would have been a different match. They'd have given them more time, and it might have been slower and plodding.

Undertaker's streak matches would make a good topic for one of those "review my matches" threads.

Although several people would get stuck with duds, there's 21 of them, so there's no reason why people couldn't do a few.

If you fancy starting one, I'd happily contribute a review. There are plenty of Streak matches I wouldn't mind watching again. Also, WrestleManias 27 and 28 are already in the Triple H thread, so that's 2 down, 19 to go before it's even started!

Yeah I'd be up for that as well, would happily contribute a review. I have to admit, I'm a big fan of his first match at WM VII against Jimmy Snuka. He'd got that monster aura about him at that point and even though it's basically a squash, the commentary puts him over really well and he moves like no other big man could at the time.

• Paid Members

The duds would be just as fun, in some cases more fun, to review than the classic I reckon. Look at the efforts in the Rumble thread, brilliant stuff.

After rewatching everything up to the Rock Cena match sober this time I feel on reflection it isn't as bad as I remembered. The opening 4 matches are all relatively solid, Swagger vs Del Rio was alright for what it was, Lesnar vs HHH was great as was Punk vs Taker.

His attitude was reprehensible and unprofessional. Couple that with his sloppy moves and audible communication with his opponent, and he is a let down as Champion.

2 years of feuding, it's understandable that Cena, in-character, would want to give a bit of a "fuck you" to The Rock.

The spot calling was a big thing all night as well. Jericho's always been a shocker for that, but I actually think the worst offender at Mania was Triple H. Brock was facing the hard camera, after dealing with HBK IIRC, and Hunter calls out clear as day, "Spinebuster time!" Boom, spinebuster followed.

The Rock tweeted the other day about going out for AM cardio. Then later, presumably after a lot of angry tweets, he made a half arsed 'docs told me it would hurt, and it did' tweet.

Sorry, but torn ab/adductor muscle (off the fucking bone) and a hernia?

You're struggling to get up for a morning piss, never mind a morning run. No matter who you are.

The Rock tweeted the other day about going out for AM cardio. Then later, presumably after a lot of angry tweets, he made a half arsed 'docs told me it would hurt, and it did' tweet.

Sorry, but torn ab/adductor muscle (off the fucking bone) and a hernia?

You're struggling to get up for a morning piss, never mind a morning run. No matter who you are.

I strained muscles in my stomach from being ill a couple of weeks back, struggled to sit down or turn in bed cos the pain was that bad yet I sucked it up and got on with my daily business so it's not impossible for Rock to do the same after several tears

Archived