The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

Predicted finish.

You've said that about a 75% of the matches. Really? You knew weeks ago Jericho was going to tweak his knee on a missed Lionsault, leaving him unsteady when attempting to lock in the Walls enabling Fandango to pull him into a small package for the win?

It was totally obvious to you before the night Jack Swagger was going to lose concentration for a few seconds on the outside, resulting in him needing to rush to get back into the ring to avoid being counted out, meaning his was off-balance so del Rio could quickly lock in the arm-breaker for the submission?

Daniel Bryan was unquestionably going to pick up the win with a diving headbutt?

Send us over the lotto numbers, Nostradamus.

Finish is wrong. All of the predicted winners won. Aside from Ryback. I said it so much to highlight how unsatisfying I found it.

Storyline wise Taker had to win, Cena had to win, HHH had to win, Del Rio had to win, the story of big show turning was there and happened, Ziggler doesn't need the tag belts. These were the most common predictions. The big shock of Mania was Ryback not winning which isn't enough. Surprises are exciting going forward. They need to have something up their sleeve tonight.

EDIT: Just noticed they are the exact predictions you made in the betting thread.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I had a great time last night.

I decided to go to The Gun Barrles in the end with a friend and met a few other people there. I had a few beers before I left and downed a hip flask of Rum on the way. By the time the show started I'd had quite a bit and was feeling pretty pissed. I was really glad they didnt do the national anthem this year.

The Shield match was good fun, yeah so what if it wasnt an epic battle? For an opening match I thought it was great. I thought Seth Rollins had offed himself with that dive to the outside, but upon watching replays it just became really funny.

wallbro_medium.gif

The closing sequence actually got me shouting at the TV: "oh Randy Orton you dick there was no need for that! Oi Big Show dont just stand there fucking help him you lazy cunt! What the fuck did Sheamus even do to deserve that? Quit being a dick Big Show." As far as I am aware I didnt annoy anyone, but lack of self awareness when I am drunk is something I take very seriously...

I don't like Henry. He doesnt put me off watching and I can't be arsed to slag him off, I just genuinely can never be bothered. Really don't see the hype. Ryback on the other hand is great. Naturally I was left shocked and confused by the finish, I can't see any logic behind it at all. Henry won by accident and Ryback proved he could of won just didnt. Just makes them both look like idiots.

My next mark out moment came when Bryan interrupted Ziggler and AJ's kiss. Thought that was an awesome little spot. Struggling to remember anything else that happened at that point other than thinking it was nice for Bryan to get the win.

I tipped the bar maid

• Paid Members

Yes, they are. You've said "finish" when you mean "result" or "outcome". Or at least, that's how I've interpreted it.

I would imagine 99% of the time "finish" is used on this forum, it's referring to the details of how the match ended. I imagine if I'd come into this thread and asked "What was the finish of Fandango vs. Jericho" someone would have described the missed lionsault etc. as I did, rather than saying "Fandango won".

If I've misinterpreted what you said (which I took to be "I could predict exactly what sequence of moves they would use to end the match") then I apologise.

• Paid Members

Haven't read through the thread yet but just watched this with my nephews. Thought it was alright. I suppose WrestleMania should be more than alright though.

Highlights for me were;

*Taker vs Punk - thought this was fantastic. After reading for ages how fucked Taker is physically, my expectations were low. It was way better than I expected. I know Shawn Michaels gets the Mr WrestleMania tag and deservedly so, but Taker could make a strong case with his efforts, especially the last 5 or 6 years.

*Triple H vs Brock - I really liked this. Much better than SummerSlam, and more violent. I thought the armlock stuff dragged a bit but it's a minor thing. That fall Brock took early on, where he took a clothesline off the rail/barrier thing and fell on his head was scary. He looked fucked for a few minutes after.

*Fandango's entrance was quality.

Opener was good. I enjoyed Cena vs Rock until they went finisher mad at the end.

• Paid Members

I have to agree with the people saying that when you put aside the venue and all the fireworks and what not it had the feel of just any other PPV, which is not good. From the get go it didn't feel right when the show opened almost cold to the 6 man. No fireworks, no national anthem, none of that.

Punk/Taker was great. I enjoyed Cena/Rock. I needed a shit as Brock was coming to the ring and didn't return until after the end of that match so I'll have to watch it back.

I thought the card had huge potential and was very close to buying a PPV for the first time in years. Was far too tired and ended up just reading the results this morning. Couldn't believe how lacklustre a show they put out.

I didn't think anything would top visitorwhatever's post for stupidest in the thread because he's a highest order dribbler, but this quote might have it beat. It was a lacklustre show, but you don't know that unless you've seen it, Winston.

Wa-hey.

Easy this forum lark on here, don`t bother countering points in posts or opening up any level of debate. Just call the post stupid and move on.

Yes, they are. You've said "finish" when you mean "result" or "outcome". Or at least, that's how I've interpreted it.

I would imagine 99% of the time "finish" is used on this forum, it's referring to the details of how the match ended. I imagine if I'd come into this thread and asked "What was the finish of Fandango vs. Jericho" someone would have described the missed lionsault etc. as I did, rather than saying "Fandango won".

If I've misinterpreted what you said (which I took to be "I could predict exactly what sequence of moves they would use to end the match") then I apologise.

You're right, I did use the wrong word, I apologise. In all seriousness though, I did predict after the 16th reversal of the rock bottom Cena would hit the AA. PM me for lotto numbers.

I thought the card had huge potential and was very close to buying a PPV for the first time in years. Was far too tired and ended up just reading the results this morning. Couldn't believe how lacklustre a show they put out.

I didn't think anything would top visitorwhatever's post for stupidest in the thread because he's a highest order dribbler, but this quote might have it beat. It was a lacklustre show, but you don't know that unless you've seen it, Winston.

Wa-hey.

Easy this forum lark on here, don`t bother countering points in posts or opening up any level of debate. Just call the post stupid and move on.

Shut up stupid.

Moving on I wish I had fallen asleep during the main even and woke up for the finish like I did last year and as for the show as a whole I wouldn't call it rubbish but it was certainly very underwhelming imo.

Wa-hey.

Shut up stupid.

Moving on I wish I had fallen asleep during the main even and woke up for the finish like I did last year and as for the show as a whole I wouldn't call it rubbish but it was certainly very underwhelming imo.

Punctuation stupid too?

Overall I was pretty disappointed with the PPV. It just didn't feel like a Wrestlemania in my eyes. The Shield match was a decent way to open the show, Fandango and Jericho was alright, the tag title match was fine and Del Rio vs Swagger bored me. I also thought it was odd that Swagger got the jobber entrance at Wrestlemania...when was the last time that happened? The main 3 matches were all pretty good but it lacked that suprise moment that would have arguably made the show worth watching. Here's hoping Raw is better tonight.

Although a bit disjointed and lacking in surprises, I thought the event as a whole was great, first time I've watched a WWE event all the way in quite a while.

Can't believe no-one has mentioned this yet:

Purple%20Aki.jpg

(Sorry for the low quality, best I could find.)

I've never been that bothered by the set up finisher/counter/finisher/near fall shit before but by the end of the last three matches it felt like overkill. It's just become a lazy go- to that actually takes away from the drama, especially when you've got shite announcers telegraphing everything.

I agree with everyone who said that the match should have ended with the fake peoples elbow bit. Was as good a match as can be expected I guess. I don't think anyone cared for the ending though which shows what a shit job they've done with the build and the "Cena's had a rubbish year" nonsense.

Taker/Punk was really good though, exceeded my expectations. Has anybody hit Taker with oldschool before that? The elbow spot fell a bit flat thanks to the table but all else was good.

HHH/Brock was the tedious, heatless HHH style match I was expecting. I know it's part of the story yadda yadda but what does anyone achieve with HHH going over? I thought Brock had several more dates this year and I'm assuming HHH will be back in the office. Brock should be destroying these old fuckers until the hot young thing gets the shot and gets his moment.

Everything else felt like an episode of Raw to be honest. Don't know what the fuck was up with Ryback/Henry. That was planned out all wrong, just let 'em club the shit out of each other for a couple of minutes, that's all. The post match was stupid and everything that's wrong with WWE.

The call back at the beginning of the tag was cool and so was Bryan overcoming last years blunder. The 'Show Off' looks like even more of a div for not cashing in here. Fandango match was decent enough but a win over Jericho will mean nothing going forward, look at Ziggler. I'm on a negative one today!

Del Rio looked really good. Hope they drop Swagger and go with Alberto/Henry. Opener was good too if a bit short.

Takers and Jericho's entrances looked swank as did ADR's gear. But no pre match hype interviews, no anthems, no character development, no genuine 'moments', no ruffing of feathers. As uninspired as I feared it would be.

• Paid Members
Although a bit disjointed and lacking in surprises, I thought the event as a whole was great, first time I've watched a WWE event all the way in quite a while.

Can't believe no-one has mentioned this yet:

Purple%20Aki.jpg

(Sorry for the low quality, best I could find.)

Haha we saw that and spent half the HHH/Lesnar match talking about how Purple Aki would easily have HHH because he's got weak quads and Purple Aki has the size and weight advantage.

• Paid Members
I needed a shit as Brock was coming to the ring and didn't return until after the end of that match so I'll have to watch it back.

See a doctor.

• Paid Members

How on earth did they manage to fuck up the timing of the show so spectacularly? They had four hours with nine matches announced. None of the matches went over twenty five minutes and yet they still had to can one advertised bout, all of the backstage segments and America The Beautiful. The timing and pacing of the show was appalling.

Archived