Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

Just seen this posted. I assume the last line has been added by the individual poster.

Mark Zuckerberg has announced that he is giving away $45 billion of Facebook stock. What you may not have heard is that he plans to give 10% of it away to people like YOU and ME! All you have to do is copy and paste this message into a post IMMEDIATELY and tag 5-10 of your friends. At midnight PST, Facebook will search through the day's posts and award 1000 people with $4.5 million EACH as a way of saying thank you for making Facebook such a powerful vehicle for connection and philanthropy.

Worth trying Christmas is the time for hope ️xx

• Paid Members

Just seen this posted. I assume the last line has been added by the individual poster.

Mark Zuckerberg has announced that he is giving away $45 billion of Facebook stock. What you may not have heard is that he plans to give 10% of it away to people like YOU and ME! All you have to do is copy and paste this message into a post IMMEDIATELY and tag 5-10 of your friends. At midnight PST, Facebook will search through the day's posts and award 1000 people with $4.5 million EACH as a way of saying thank you for making Facebook such a powerful vehicle for connection and philanthropy.

Worth trying Christmas is the time for hope ️xx

This just popped up on my timeline and I was coming here to post it. Worse still, the mong who posted it had received a comment, which I assumed would be someone telling him what an obvious scam it was. No. It was another one wishing him luck! Edited by Supremo

Leading on from recent Tinder discussion, I've basically just started using the app to take the piss rather than get laid. Here are a selection of conversations over past few days. Only just about fits into this thread but thought it was amusing enough to share

http://thisisthemaxwellmurder.tumblr.com/post/135006445594

My sister shares stuff like that far too much. Her phone bill kept rising each month earlier this year to the point it was about £50 a month. My parents pay her bill and they asked me to look through them and see if I could find the reason. Turns out she'd been texting those 5 digit numbers where you put your name next to a bloke's name and you'll get a reply telling you whether or not you're meant to be together.

She's 18.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Someone who I thought was better than this sort of thing has just posted this:

Can't wait to see who the winners are Facebook Mark Zuckerberg is going to give away 4.5 million of his Facebook stock tonight at midnight 10% to people like you and me! All you have to do is copy and paste this to your page and post. Facebook is doing this to show what a powerful tool of connection it is !!! Can't wait to see who wins !!! This is not a hoax !!! It's on Good Morning America !!! 
‪#‎MarkZuckerberg‬

Yeah.

My sister shares stuff like that far too much. Her phone bill kept rising each month earlier this year to the point it was about £50 a month. My parents pay her bill and they asked me to look through them and see if I could find the reason. Turns out she'd been texting those 5 digit numbers where you put your name next to a bloke's name and you'll get a reply telling you whether or not you're meant to be together.

She's 18.

I think there should be a Government ban on those numbers. OK, you can argue that if people are naive enough to use them then they deserve to get fleeced. However, at the end of the day, a company is making a fortune out of the young, naive and vulnerable and it doesn't seem right.