DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Is Rousey still a wooden mess at acting?

She doesn't get the chance to do much acting, she's mostly just shooting people and watching Marky Mark shout.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

She doesn't get the chance to do much acting, she's mostly just shooting people and watching Marky Mark shout.

Does she hit anyone? I'm considering going tomorrow but I feel like I'll be a bit irritated if she doesn't smack a fool or two.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

No, not really. But Iko Uwais hits lots of people and Marky Mark hits a cake.

Ok well as long as someone hits lots of people maybe I can deal with it. Seems mental to hire Ronda and have her only shoot guns to me though. Particularly if she's not actually doing much actual acting either.

• Awards Moderator

Watched Triangle (it's on TV rotation at the moment, and Netflix). Bloody brilliant. Mrs Onyx and I sat there during the credits discussing the ending. Try to read nothing about it beforehand, including the thread I linked to. 

Cheers @Devon Malcolm! 

• Awards Moderator

Triangle spoilers. 

As the credits rolled, we discussed the overall structure. "So she gets back on the boat, and this is where we met Jesse," I say smugly. "it's like a circle." 

"... You mean a triangle," says Mrs Onyx. 

Someone has made an ace diagram. I don't agree with all of it, but it shows off the complexity:

1501637672343.png

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

That's a really cool graphic. I feel like watching it again, but it would be way too scary a film for the Mrs, so not sure when I will get around to it.

Maybe when you're up in the night with mini Chest?

Yeah I will give it another watch soon. 

Nappily Ever After

Some nice turns, and a you-don't-have-to-be-perfect-to-be-happy plot that was a bit heavy handed, but this did star Ricky Whittle, who I didn't recognise until the credits and I spent the whole film thinking "Jesus, that dude's British accent is so bad" so 5 stars.

Baby Mama

Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Greg Kinnear, Steve Martin, Maura Tierney. Terrible, terrible title, but what a cast, I genuinely like all of them, Poehler and Fey have great chemistry, and Martin made me genuinely laugh* ALL OF THE STARS

*I have had flu all week, so might have been hallucinating, hence why I've just wanted to watch mush I don't have to concentrate on.