DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

download.jpg

"A man (Gong Yoo), his estranged daughter and other passengers become trapped on a speeding train during a zombie outbreak in South Korea."

Sublime. Just sublime. The movie makes smart use of the cramped quarters of the train, which of course for most of the fun time, is where the action is centred. Filled with Suspense, drama, and tension throughout and is filled with characters you can gravitate towards and against. Some emotional stuff here too and it keeps you glued and guessing. Terrific.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's definitely more prevalent that shite when they do the occasional female-led superhero film because a woman is the one that shines throughout. GOTG and Avengers are such male-heavy casts, so it seems to cancel their bile. I assume most just see a female lead and decide it's some evil anti-male feminist campaign.

It makes it all the more delightful when the likes of Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel do so well at the box office because it effectively shows how impotent those unfuckable white dudes are.

Not just sexism though, racism too. The sheer bile coming out about Black Panther and the "lack of a diverse cast" was beautifully converted into alt-right tears by the massive box office numbers it did.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

To be fair it's not been all hatred and bile towards Captain Marvel. I hear Ben Mendelsohn, Samuel L. and the (presumably male) cat have were all positively received.....

The cat's a 'she'. I'm sure I heard a character refer to her as 'she', anyway!

• Paid Members

Manbabies are complaining that Captain Marvel is feminist anti-male propaganda, and the media are idiots are amplify their position because it generates clicks, rather than ignoring them as they rightly deserve. 

1 hour ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Wow. Just wow. The world is more fucked than I thought. People actually care about this shit...

I'm more shocked that you are shocked that obsessive fans on the internet are shocked about something they're obsessive fans of.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

And they think by paying to see Alita: Battle Angel multiple times it'll do....something?

To be fair, that movie has deserved to do so much better then it has. Though I hate this sub culture of "fans" trying to mess about with rival films so the one that want to do better at the box office does.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I'm more shocked that you are shocked that obsessive fans on the internet are shocked about something they're obsessive fans of.

You shot who in the what now?

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post, but this is fucking awesome. It's only a short film disguised as a trailer, but it looks brilliant. I know there are some on here who'd hate the idea, but it's so well-executed, I would be very much intrigued as to how it went.

nYeCe3HhNGNVlB5u5h8OVDMnmRh-0-230-0-345-

I believe this was Jackie's big breakthrough and it's a very enjoyable one and one of his early best. Directed by the great Yuen Woo Ping, it features some great fight choreography and the usual humour of these early Chan Kung Fu movies. Chan is just so likeable and his skills are just impeccably tailored to any style he puts hi

Edited by zep81

Triple Frontier was decent enough. I think it could have done with a few extra shoot outs/set pieces but there was enough there for me to stay invested. Hunnam manages to sound less American the longer he spends over there.