Devon Malcolm

DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry pal, I think Rodney Dangerfield is absolute garbage. I have never ever laughed at him, and he is at his worst in this. Don’t think it’s aged well at all.

Michael O’Keefe is one of the ugliest actors I’ve ever seen from the 80s as well. Chase was excellent though.

Yeah I don't think Comedies from that time have aged well. I watched Coming To America and Planes, Trains and Automobiles for the first time since a kid recently and Coming To America was pretty good, but Planes Trains only had a couple of proper laughs out of me. 

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry pal, I think Rodney Dangerfield is absolute garbage. I have never ever laughed at him

Can't you be banned for making these types of obviously provocative troll type posts? 

4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Can't you be banned for making these types of obviously provocative troll type posts? 

He was only funny in the Simpsons and Little Nicky. Otherwise, overrated. In my opinon 

21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Michael O’Keefe is one of the ugliest actors I’ve ever seen from the 80s as well. Chase was excellent though.

Agree with all that, but not The Rod.
"Did somebody step on a duck?',  and variants relating to waterfowl noises, are something even my five year old daughter says now if someone lets a ripper in the house. 

Even when I was 8, I was confused about why O'Keefe had two women vying for his affections. Not only was he unhandsome but he's a horrible, nasty little prick throughout. 

I've never, ever liked Coming to America. I thought it was a load of gik when I was a kid, and I watched it recently when it was on Comedy Central and my opinion didn't change.

Weird Science has stood the test of time though. Purely for Bill Paxtons' Chet and the underappreciated comic genius that is Anthony Michael Hall.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

14 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Now say that whilst doing a jig, in an exaggerated accent and say “Hey! Ho! Is that your wife? Boy!” 

I've seen a little of Dangerfield's comedy and enjoyed his work (one of those I meant to check out more of), but I thought he was great in Natural Born Killers. Maybe a lot of it was down to the effects, but I got horrible chills at his performance as the nasty, sexually-abusive dad. Did that whole swivel-eyed evil fucker thing perfectly.

Edited by Carbomb

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah I don't think Comedies from that time have aged well. I watched Coming To America and Planes, Trains and Automobiles for the first time since a kid recently and Coming To America was pretty good, but Planes Trains only had a couple of proper laughs out of me. 

Woooooooooooah. Planes, Trains is wonderful on loads of levels. It's got that perfect balance of John Hughes comedy / sentiment 

Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

Hannibal and Bacon and just all kinds of wrong in this thread today.

Can we change our votes in the end of year polls, please?

33 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Hannibal and Bacon and just all kinds of wrong in this thread today.

Sounds like a shit cop buddy show

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Or an 80’s comedy staring Rodney Dangerfield and Andrew Dice Clay OHHHHHHHHHHH

Stan & Ollie was really nice. The casting was great, Coogan and Riley were both spot on. Laurel's wife still managed to upstage them though, she was great. Loved the fact that it wasn't a million years long like every film seems to be these days as well. 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Or Hannibal Buress and an actual Pig in a surreal as fuck cop show.