DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Captain Marvel was a big letdown for me. I've really liked the Marvel films from the last couple of years and had huge expectations for this, and it was just alright. Plot was convoluted, and I wasn't impressed by Brie Larsson or Jude Law. Or Benning. Samuel L Jackson was alright. Lee Pace was a letdown as well. The equivalents of Korg and Baby Groot were the highlight, so I'd recommend it for them if nothing else.

See, maybe it was my low expectations, but I enjoyed. SLJ was great, the effects worked brilliantly in the de-aging. I like Brie Larson as an actress, and I thought she did a great job in this. She does seem like a tit in real life, and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets Norton-ed though as apparently Bob Igor is not a fan, but I found the film to be pretty fun. Middle tier in the MCU.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Explain.

She has been promoting Go Fund Me's where people were trying to raise money to take under-privillage kids to see Captain Marvel. She was asking her twitter followers to fund various campaigns (there were quite a few). Twitterverse saw this as a way of boosting ticket sales rather then actually trying to improve people in a poor living situation. It came across as a bit Bono-ey. I personally think the best PR would of actually to pay to these campaigns (most were looking to raise less then $10k) herself or through Marvel. But she seems to have a lot of SJW taking a lot of her comments out of context so who knows. Apparently according to some she hates white men, which I have no reason to read anything into because clearly garbage.

I find the fact that they are already talking of replacing her after Endgame more interesting. To get Bob Igor to consider replacing you means there has to be something else going on one would wonder. But I thought she was amazing in Room and under used in Kong Skull Island, so I am glad she was so good in this role.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

She has been promoting Go Fund Me's where people were trying to raise money to take under-privillage kids to see Captain Marvel. She was asking her twitter followers to fund various campaigns (there were quite a few). Twitterverse saw this as a way of boosting ticket sales rather then actually trying to improve people in a poor living situation.

God, what a cunt she is, what did I ever see in her.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

God, what a cunt she is, what did I ever see in her.

Look, compared to what her peers have done, it is ham fisted. That doesn't mean she's awful, hence my earlier comment saying appears. I think A lot of what is being said is from people who seem to have some real vendetta against her for things she has said over time. So maybe I have just stumbled across to much of this negativity. 

An article discuss some of the "issues" here https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/movies/the-real-reason-people-are-hating-on-brie-larson.html/

However, anyone that is doing this because she cannot act is obviously an idiot. I think she has always done well in her roles, even those underwritten.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I find the fact that they are already talking of replacing her after Endgame more interesting. To get Bob Igor to consider replacing you means there has to be something else going on one would wonder.

A quick google suggests this was put about by comicgate websites like ComsicBookNews. Is there any real basis for this?

• Paid Members

I don't need to read that article to know the real reason why people at hating on Brie Larson. It's because she's a confident, successful, talented woman who is forthright in her feminism. If that makes her a "bit of a tit" then you're an idiot.

• Paid Members

I did click on the article, and the very first line is: "Brie Larson – on a press junket for the highly anticipated upcoming film Captain Marvel – has been the subject of many a Reddit forum and youtube comment space."

Didn't read any further.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

I did click on the article, and the very first line is: "Brie Larson – on a press junket for the highly anticipated upcoming film Captain Marvel – has been the subject of many a Reddit forum and youtube comment space."

Didn't read any further.

Are you suggesting Reddit, YouTube comments sections and the "Twitterverse" are not legitimate sources to back up thinly-veiled misogyny?

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are you suggesting Reddit, YouTube comments sections and the "Twitterverse" are not legitimate sources to back up thinly-veiled misogyny?

Yeah, but then again I'm a beta-cuck SJW snowflake and cultural Marxist, so what would I know?

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Chris B said:

A quick google suggests this was put about by comicgate websites like ComsicBookNews. Is there any real basis for this?

It popped up on my social media feed, but it probably was them. As I said, I thought she did a great job, so based on that I see no reason why they would want to replace her. So are you saying this just another troll attempt?

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Using SJW and Twitterverse is a bingo for terms that make me disregard the content of a post entirely.

81wyKFvghxL._SX342_.jpg

Really good and enjoyable Hong Kong action movie which follows the formula of 'Taken'. The difference being that they kidnap his daughter for her heart (literally) so that they can use it to save the life of the mayor. The great Tony Jaa also stars in a supporting role and had a very good fight scene, wish he was in the movie more though. Good, enjoyable martial arts action. I liked it.