DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I've recorded my Rocky series ranking for the 100th time. It now stands as..

Rocky 3

Rocky 4

Rocky 2

Creed

Rocky 1

Rocky Balboa

Rocky 5 (doesn't even deserve to be on the list really)

Funnily enough, I watched Rocky IV yesterday. It was weird because in this version they cut the scenes where Drago is being injected with steroids during his training, and where he is injected half way through the fight with Rocky.

It was on Blu-Ray too. It's not like it was a Sunday afternoon TV version.

• Paid Members

Funnily enough, I watched Rocky IV yesterday. It was weird because in this version they cut the scenes where Drago is being injected with steroids during his training, and where he is injected half way through the fight with Rocky.

Injection shots will up the rating from PG to 15 these days. Not worth the problems no doubt.

• Paid Members

Injection shots will up the rating from PG to 15 these days. Not worth the problems no doubt.

They always used to cut them in the ITV edit which just made it look like Drago was just naturally way better than Rocky

Creed is just a poor mans Rocky. No charm, charachters and music. It's like it's stuck between trying to be a really credible film and a feel good film. It achieves neither in my opinion. Starts well enough but meh.....

Rocky 1, 3, 2, 4, 5, Balboa, Creed. Is my ranking.

Edited by Porkchopcash

Rocky 4 is my favorite, although I did enjoy "Balboa" as well although wasn't sure about the whole "shouldn't he still have brain damage from rocky 5?" thing hha.

Not seen Creed yet, so will have to check it out. Does he come out to "living in america" ?

• Paid Members

I think Creed is up there because it's the one I've watched quite a bit recently and though it was brilliant. Like I said, it's an ever changing bloody list!

• Paid Members

Creed is enjoyable, but Rocky himself is the best part about it by far. Stallone should have got the best supporting actor Oscar for it without a doubt. It was a crime he didn't.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

i dont even think ive ever seen those scenes.

the only drug related thing i recall is where the Russian team are questioned about drug use during a press conference and the Drago team look a bit sheepish, so i've always thought the drug was implied but never actually shown.

You must have a different version to me, as those are intact on my BluRays

The steroid scene is also intact on Sky Movies too.  On a side note I think Rocky V gets unfair treatment. Sure it was the worst entry in the Rocky movies but it's not as shit as some make it out to be.

Edited by The Clint