RAW discussion 18/2/13

hallicks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a fun fact, The Rock has now held 5 different versions of the WWE Championship design - 1999-era, smoking skull, undisputed, spinner and now this. I can't see many people holding that distinction anytime soon.

He only ever had the smoking skull belt to taunt Austin when Austin was champion, though, didn't he?

Yes, you're right actually. Got my timeline completely wrong there. Well, four different designs is still pretty impressive.

How many versions did Hogan hold?

Hogan has held 5 according to an article on WWE.com at the moment.

• Paid Members
Jesus, I've never given enough attention to his waist in old photos. The 85 one's pretty good, actually. The '86 one looks like a mid card/tag title from a lesser promotion.

From a distance I think it looks similar to the WCW TV strap.

• Paid Members

Mark Henry mugging off Khali was absolutely sublime. What the fuck is he going to do at WrestleMania though? As it stands I have no idea.

I actually really like the new belt, it's infinitely better than the Spinner. Looks a lot like the crap photoshop mock-up I posted of the design when the plate was first leaked online back in June last year.

Looks like next week's episode will be a massive one in terms of shaping the WrestleMania card. At this stage I'm still undecided about what I want to happen with the main event. Rock vs Cena II is the bigger spectacle, but a triple threat would make for a better wrestling match and would probably create a better atmosphere within the stadium. I think my preference might be for Cena to pick up a clean win next week to seal the one-on-one match and to kick-start his momentum going forward, but I don't mind which way they go with it, so long as it's done well.

I'm excited about a Swagger vs Del Rio feud. Should make for a cracking opener at WrestleMania.

I don't know what's going on with Ryback. I don't see the logic in turning him or even teasing it at this stage. The fans are into him, but the booking of him so far has been so frustrating. Hope he gets a decent spot at Mania.

I'll make a little prediction and say that Roman Reigns is going to be a main event babyface one day. He's superb.

I'll make a little prediction and say that Roman Reigns is going to be a main event babyface one day. He's superb.

The part that really lets down his act for me is his selling. It bothered me at TLC, and it was still crap at Elimination Chamber. He's still fairly new to wrestling though, isn't he?

I think a gimmick 6-man match is probably the way to go. Even though they had a TLC match already, why not another? But the big problem will be finding three guys that can be seen as geniune threats. They've just beaten John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback- clean. How do you find bigger threats than that out of whoever is left at Wrestlemania? Sheamus & Ryback could end up facing each other at Mania, so you're not left with much options. Orton has been beaten by quite a few people lately, they're not even bothering to protect him like they used to when he used to go through a dull phase.

I'm sure someone already suggested it in another thread, but Ryback, Orton and Undertaker would be a good team to fight Shield at 'Mania.

It all depends on the fitness of Taker. If he is not as fit as they want him to be to do a 1-on-1 match, then being part of a 6-man match would work. Also depends upon what ideas they have for Orton. There are much better uses of Taker at Mania (HHH/Taker vs. Punk/Lesnar is still the best), but a match against the Shield does still sound pretty good at the moment.

It's a bit of a terrible use of Undertaker to put him in a six-man considering how huge his matches the last few years have been. That said, unless they are fighting 'Taker at WrestleMania, I don't see the point of The Shield having completely chumped Ryback again this week.

The part that really lets down his act for me is his selling. It bothered me at TLC, and it was still crap at Elimination Chamber. He's still fairly new to wrestling though, isn't he?

Maybe it is because I really like The Shield at the moment, but I can still see Cena vs. Reigns for the title before the end of 2013. I would also have Rock vs. Reigns at some point over the next couple of years (it is far too early in 2013, but by Summerslam next year I would not be surprised to see it happen).

I have nothing against Ambrose or Rollins (they are both very good in the Shield), but Reigns is the star of the group for me at the moment, really does have a great look about him and I see him as having the best (main event) future while in the group and when the group split.

Hogan has held six versions of the WWWF/WWF/WWE Titles.

1 - Big Green - Won from Iron Sheik.

2 - Hogan 1984

3 - Hogan 1985

4 - Hogan 1986

5 - Winged Eagle (Reggie Parks calls this the twisted bars belt.)

6 - Undisputed - Won from Triple H. (WWE's internal memo notes this belt as the Heritage title.)

Hogan with the 1984 title:

hulkhogan%20with%2084%20belt.jpg

• Paid Members

Yeah, he's still very much a rookie, but you can see that he's got the tools to be a player. His intensity is great. I tried to be vague in saying 'one day' because organically, it would probably take him years to get there on his own, but WWE may decide that they like the look of him and throw him in at the deep end before then. Right now The Shield is an absolutely perfect fit for him, as his flaws are less exposed.

Archived