RAW discussion 18/2/13

hallicks

• Paid Members

I think a gimmick 6-man match is probably the way to go. Even though they had a TLC match already, why not another? But the big problem will be finding three guys that can be seen as geniune threats. They've just beaten John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback- clean. How do you find bigger threats than that out of whoever is left at Wrestlemania? Sheamus & Ryback could end up facing each other at Mania, so you're not left with much options. Orton has been beaten by quite a few people lately, they're not even bothering to protect him like they used to when he used to go through a dull phase.

In the Elimination Chamber thread I suggested the Ministry of Darkness- Undertaker, Viscera and Gangrel (although perhaps somebody better than Gangrel). That would do the trick! It gives Taker something minimal to do and also it allows Carbomb to empty his sack over Nelson Frazier. :thumbsup:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
In the Elimination Chamber thread I suggested the Ministry of Darkness- Undertaker, Viscera and Gangrel (although perhaps somebody better than Gangrel). That would do the trick! It gives Taker something minimal to do and also it allows Carbomb to empty his sack over Nelson Frazier. :thumbsup:

Oddly enough, I never found him at all watchable until he became V, so I wouldn't watch that. I like Gangrel, though.

I think a gimmick 6-man match is probably the way to go. Even though they had a TLC match already, why not another? But the big problem will be finding three guys that can be seen as geniune threats. They've just beaten John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback- clean. How do you find bigger threats than that out of whoever is left at Wrestlemania? Sheamus & Ryback could end up facing each other at Mania, so you're not left with much options. Orton has been beaten by quite a few people lately, they're not even bothering to protect him like they used to when he used to go through a dull phase.

Christian? Would be a nice choice actually. As I really don't want him to come back as a generic face again. But then again he hasn't got the long hair anymore. He'd look terrible with his receding hairline and a white shirt on over his tights.

• Paid Members

Christian? Would be a nice choice actually. As I really don't want him to come back as a generic face again. But then again he hasn't got the long hair anymore. He'd look terrible with his receding hairline and a white shirt on over his tights.

Brood Christian would only work if Edge and Gangrel were there. I don't think enough people would get it, otherwise.

• Paid Members

Not Christian. Look at him, how can he pose a threat to The Shield? Cena, Sheamus & Ryback have all failed, yet along comes Christian with his non-arms to save the day. Nah, not buying him.

Oddly enough, I never found him at all watchable until he became V, so I wouldn't watch that. I like Gangrel, though.

Bollocks. He's the same guy, you'll be all over him like a tramp on chips! What if I bargained with you and let him keep the V attire and 'Calling all cars' entrance theme, but gave him the blonde mohawk and contact lenses?

• Paid Members

Bollocks. He's the same guy, you'll be all over him like a tramp on chips! What if I bargained with you and let him keep the V attire and 'Calling all cars' entrance theme, but gave him the blonde mohawk and contact lenses?

It was a different act, though. He went from being a comedy gimmick that had previously been a threatening jobber and a failed push before that to being a dangerous-looking fat bastard who could finish you quicker than the fifteen bricks of lard he had for breakfast.

EDIT: I think the whole point about the Christian thing was that it would be clear it was the Undertaker doing most of the heavy work - that's what I was thinking when you suggested the Ministry, who, to be fair, were last seen as pure jobbers when JBL brought them back. But you're right - if Ryback, Cena, Sheamus and Kane couldn't handle them, Christian certainly couldn't.

• Paid Members
Is Cena turning heel on The Rock at Wrestlemania? If there was ever a time to do it...

Nah, the timing is a bit wrong. They've got nobody ready that can replace the bloke as the top babyface and it really stomps all over the good work they've done with Punk, the past few months. Plus, I think there is still money and entertainment to be had with one last big Cena title run, seeing as he's not held the thing for well over a year.

Wrestlemania XXX against The Undertaker, on the other hand...

Just a fun fact, The Rock has now held 5 different versions of the WWE Championship design - 1999-era, smoking skull, undisputed, spinner and now this. I can't see many people holding that distinction anytime soon.

He only ever had the smoking skull belt to taunt Austin when Austin was champion, though, didn't he?

Archived