RAW discussion 18/2/13

hallicks

• Paid Members
Hogan has held six versions of the WWWF/WWF/WWE Titles.

1 - Big Green - Won from Iron Sheik.

2 - Hogan 1984

3 - Hogan 1985

4 - Hogan 1986

5 - Winged Eagle (Reggie Parks calls this the twisted bars belt.)

6 - Undisputed - Won from Triple H. (WWE's internal memo notes this belt as the Heritage title.)

Do you know why they went through so many belt designs, during the mid-80s?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm actually quite surprised that haven't mentioned his family background yet.

It'd do no good and possibly harm. The Shield aren't really individually established yet, so breaking off to tell us one of them is related to The Usos and pretend-related to The Rock wouldn't necessarily be beneficial. Plus, the lazy "you liked his dad, like him" plan has long stopped being an effective way to introduce a new talent. I'm sure his heritage will be mentioned though.

I'm actually quite surprised that haven't mentioned his family background yet.

It'd do no good and possibly harm. The Shield aren't really individually established yet, so breaking off to tell us one of them is related to The Usos and pretend-related to The Rock wouldn't necessarily be beneficial. Plus, the lazy "you liked his dad, like him" plan has long stopped being an effective way to introduce a new talent. I'm sure his heritage will be mentioned though.

Yeah suppose you're right mate.

Bit of fantasy booking the Uso's against Rollins & Ambrose. Reigns turns on the Shield and we get a new Samoan family stable.

Reigns sure has been impressive. Love the look of that clothesline he does, the way he steps in. He showed signs of being a good talker on NXT too, although the intense quick-cut style of the Shield promos doesn't really suit his calm style, which is why he's started shouting. Ambrose is the top heel of the next gen if you ask me. They already look like two of the most promising guys to come up in the last few years.

The thought of Del Rio vs Swagger at WM for the World title is really niggling at me. I'd be surprised if Colter and Swagger's America gains any proper heat. What do they see in Swagger? He's been an irrelevance for years, yet there's plenty of guys - Bryan, Ziggler, Ryback, Cesaro, maybe Barrett - who've gotten over and had more momentum behind them recently. But this dullard gets the go again. Don't get it. The youtube thing was great but the in ring promo was kinda boring and watered down from last week and the crowd couldn't give a shit. Gotta go all out racist/offensive or GO HOME.

• Paid Members

Said it the first time I saw him at TLC, Reigns has got star written all over him. He's raw as well, being quite inexperienced, so they can mould him easier than pretty much anyone. They must've been proper keen on him, being from that great family AND not being a right fatty, considering I think they snapped him up as soon as his football career was done.

• Paid Members
Did Reigns spend any time in developmental?

Couple of years - he signed in mid-2010. Definitely going to be a star though - his last FCW/NXT heel persona, "The Thoroughbred" was so good I was initially disappointed (for him & me) that he went into The Shield and stopped doing it after a couple of weeks. Worked out OK, though.

As for the new belt, I really don't mind it. The fact that the main plate is pretty much all logo is probably all about getting brand recognition front and centre for the major purpose of Rock's reign - toting that thing on his shoulder down red carpets and on talk shows.

When it's beneficial to refer to him as The Rock's cousin or something, I'm sure they'll do it.

I've not really seen him - anyone got a clip of him in action?

Archived